Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Under what circumstances is it okay to...

Verified Companion Companion CubanAva's Avatar

Under what circumstances is it okay to...

Request or follow a providers personal socials? Or for a provider to request/follow a hobbyist?

Verified Companion Companion britttany_love's Avatar
    Never! You don't need to be mixing the hobby world with your real world. I'm out with all my family and friends but can't say the same for everyone else and it could be a disaster!

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Nope, not a good idea. Like Ms. Brittt said, keep the two worlds separate.

Never unless invited (bad idea). I recently left an event early when I thought I spotted a Provider I had recently seen. Band sucked anyway.
    Have you ever considered that the "Writing on the Wall" might be a forgery?

Every time I read a review I keep waiting for Paul Harvey to say, "And now.. the Rest Of The Story."
    I am NOT a White Knight, just a bleached bastard.
    My gallery album gets updated occasionally.

I do NOT share any pics I've taken without an "OK" from the model!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    This has happened to me a bunch lately.

Saw a few Providers on Tinder/Bumble.

Saw another one AT CHURCH!

I was hoping to get more gentleman's responses but I am too annoyed to wait. You are all correct.

The answer is simple, it is NOT okay to do EVER unless they have specifically told you that you could do so.

I have blocked over a half dozen hobbyists from my personal socials in the last two weeks. Simply because you can find me, does not mean you should engage with me as that is not the realm of which we share with each other. I should not have to make my socials private, you should just have respect for boundaries and the common sense to know that that is not acceptable to do.
    What makes it worse is that these are hobbyists I have never seen before but recognized the handles.

AlCar, if a hobbyist matched with me on a dating site and recognized me, I would hope that he would start with that and let me make an informed decision on whether or not I wanted to pursue things further. If he matched with me and found my socials and didnt tell me, I wouldnt necessarily have an issue with it because I wouldn't know unless he shared my private life happenings with other hobbyists. That would be outing and crossing every redline possible.

*sorry to rant, the frequency is bothersome.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by CubanAva View Post

AlCar, if a hobbyist matched with me on a dating site and recognized me, I would hope that he would start with that and let me make an informed decision on whether or not I wanted to pursue things further. If he matched with me and found my socials and didnt tell me, I wouldnt necessarily have an issue with it because I wouldn't know unless he shared my private life happenings with other hobbyists. That would be outing and crossing every redline possible.

*sorry to rant, the frequency is bothersome.
    The few Providers I stumbled upon on dating apps, I instantly swiped left. I respect the hobby and want to keep the real life separate.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    agree in a way that ones personal live should stay private from hobby world but yet again depends on the provider. there are some providers on oh2 that i follow on instagram and they are cool with letting hobbyists follow,dm, and interact with them on pic comments. i think maybe its just another form of advertising? me personally i follow just to have another form of contact incase oh2 or eccie is down because i really dont have no interest to see pics of them out on date night with their RW S/O hubby or bf especially knowing what types of activities me and her have done in bedroom. But hobby life should be seperate from personal life

Verified Companion Companion britttany_love's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx210boi View Post
    agree in a way that ones personal live should stay private from hobby world but yet again depends on the provider. there are some providers on oh2 that i follow on instagram and they are cool with letting hobbyists follow,dm, and interact with them on pic comments. i think maybe its just another form of advertising? me personally i follow just to have another form of contact incase oh2 or eccie is down because i really dont have no interest to see pics of them out on date night with their RW S/O hubby or bf especially knowing what types of activities me and her have done in bedroom. But hobby life should be seperate from personal life
    Is it a hobby instragram? If it is under her stage name and has other hobbyists following i'm sure it's not her personal account and is dedicated to hobby work. Some of us ladies have hobby social media accounts like Instagram, twitter etc that are dedicated to the hobby for more intimate interaction Those are way different than trying to follow a ladies personal account that has their friends and family and their real world personal stuff on it.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CubanAva View Post
    I have blocked over a half dozen hobbyists from my personal socials in the last two weeks.
    Holy crap! Have other women here had this kind of problem as frequently as Ava has?

I agree with everyone here. The real world and this unholy realm should be separate.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

A >public< account on any social media website could be perceived as an open invitation to anyone. I would be alarmed at being found so easily. Biting my fingernails

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Personal account it does have friends and SO even pets on their page lol guess they are just more openminded
    Quote Originally Posted by britttany_love View Post
    Is it a hobby instragram? If it is under her stage name and has other hobbyists following i'm sure it's not her personal account and is dedicated to hobby work. Some of us ladies have hobby social media accounts like Instagram, twitter etc that are dedicated to the hobby for more intimate interaction Those are way different than trying to follow a ladies personal account that has their friends and family and their real world personal stuff on it.

Verified Companion Companion MeetJadeRose's Avatar
    I have been found before on my rw social media account by a client who was constantly trying to reach me again even though I told him we weren’t a good fit anymore, not cool. Then I was found on photography/other business type account on another site. I had someone who is very well known in the hobby social scene tell me he recognized me on there and complimented my photos, I figured out who he was based on some content in his profile that was linked with his content on the boards actually (complicated). He basically had alluded to his alias on that site combined with a few other details I knew who he was. It did make me super nervous to be contacted because I had my full name and some other social media links on there, and my real first name is NOT a common one at all. I asked him to please never mention my page to anyone else in the hobby. I will say also that I do have a couple very close clients who I have known a long time on my social media, we know each other’s names etc, our relationship is just different at this point, BUT I’m super careful about stuff like this. I def agree that you shouldn’t add or follow someone without their consent, or do it simply because you found them or can find them somehow.
    Last edited by MeetJadeRose; 02-19-2019 at 09:37 AM.
    Austin’s Voluptuous CW Unicorn💋
    Former Award Winning/AVN Nominated BBW Performer

Twitter.com/itsjaderose
    512-200-8939

MULTIPLE HANDLES - BANNED! STALKER! Passion2015's Avatar
    I guess my puzzled question would be, why would you follow anyone from here?

That wouldn't even cross my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Universal.Hoe View Post
    A >public< account on any social media website could be perceived as an open invitation to anyone. I would be alarmed at being found so easily. Biting my fingernails
    It's not hard to search someones name on the internet and pull them up, I'm also very well known in Austin as I used to model plus my last RW career allowed me have a very wide and versatile networking range.
    As I mentioned in my previous comment, simply because you CAN find someone, does not make it okay to interact with them. I could find literally every single one of my clients socials but I would NEVER do something so invasive and inappropriate. There is absolutely NO excuse for doing something like this and it is definitely NOT my fault that it is happening. I'm not going to pretend I dont exist so people wont cross THICK red boundary lines, that's absurd.
    Last edited by CubanAva; 02-19-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast