Thread: Public Apology

Everyone,

I have violated my number one rule to life in the most despicable manner. I made some comments at the last Meet and Greet that were from a private conversation between myself and Ms. Elena. The consequences of which have caused her much grief, anger, resentment towards myself, has hurt her economically, and deprived my fellow KC hobbyists of her presence in March. I will not repeat nor share what has been said. I can't undo the damage it has caused. I have betrayed her trust and friendship. For this I feel extreme remorse and great regret. We've all been hurt before by friends and loved ones and can relate to how she feels right now. What I said was unfair and untrue. Her comments to me were out of frustration of the economic crisis and not intended to insult me or my fellow hobbyists. Elena is a wonderful person I had always considered my friend. She is a warm, caring individual who appreciates those who appreciate her. Do not think badly of her, think badly of me. My idiotic remarks have lost me a good friend and an opportunity for my fellow KC hobbyists to enjoy her company. I will always regret this. My sincerest apologies Ms. Elena.

KC guys, you are missing out on a true gem in the hobby. To you all, I too apologize.

Ms. Elena, again, I'm sorry.

slmhusker

SLMhusker,

It takes a real man to own up to his mistakes in life. I was not privy to or care to know previously mentioned comments and I have not personally met Elena but through conversations I feel she is a fine person and a wonderful lady.

I also know that it is hard for a guy to cowboy up and say hed did wrong and ask for forgiveness. In this case I hope that all can be forgiven and friendships renewed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slmhusker @ Mar 1 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Everyone,

I have violated my number one rule to life in the most despicable manner. I made some comments at the last Meet and Greet that were from a private conversation between myself and Ms. Elena. The consequences of which have caused her much grief, anger, resentment towards myself, has hurt her economically, and deprived my fellow KC hobbyists of her presence in March. I will not repeat nor share what has been said. I can&#39;t undo the damage it has caused. I have betrayed her trust and friendship. For this I feel extreme remorse and great regret. We&#39;ve all been hurt before by friends and loved ones and can relate to how she feels right now. What I said was unfair and untrue. Her comments to me were out of frustration of the economic crisis and not intended to insult me or my fellow hobbyists. Elena is a wonderful person I had always considered my friend. She is a warm, caring individual who appreciates those who appreciate her. Do not think badly of her, think badly of me. My idiotic remarks have lost me a good friend and an opportunity for my fellow KC hobbyists to enjoy her company. I will always regret this. My sincerest apologies Ms. Elena.

KC guys, you are missing out on a true gem in the hobby. To you all, I too apologize.

Ms. Elena, again, I&#39;m sorry.

slmhusker[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slmhusker @ Mar 1 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Everyone,

I have violated my number one rule to life in the most despicable manner. I made some comments....Ms. Elena, again, I&#39;m sorry.

slmhusker[/b]
    Yes it does take a real man to admit what they have done and take the bull by the horns - and the pain from the same....stand up guy...good example

After taking some time to really think about this and come up with the right response, here is it.

First of all I&#39;d like to say to everyone, thank you for the emails/PMs/calls concerning this. As I said to you all who responded, there&#39;s no need to bring up the whole story about what happened. Although Husker had made the public apology, there&#39;s no need for everyone to know the whole story. I want to thank Husker for making his apology and owning up to what he did. If I choose to keep him as a friend, that&#39;s between us and I haven&#39;t made that decision yet. But, I don&#39;t want anyone on any of the boards/groups to think badly of him or blame him for me not making my trip to KC. I&#39;ve been sick with pneumonia and now I&#39;m finally back to myself and will start seeing clients again.

I do have something to point out to everyone though. Trust is all we have in this business, if the trust is broken between us, there&#39;s never a happy ending. Whether the trust is between providers/clients or provider/provider or hobbyist/hobbyist. The trust we put in each other is something that should NEVER be taken for granted and is something that should be treasured.

Hopefully this all makes sense to everyone.

Thank you,
    Elena