Thread: Help! Need a vet opinion

Verified Companion Companion Katetx's Avatar

Help! Need a vet opinion

Living in the country I have cats that come in and I have one that has a “wound” I’m not sure what it is but I have a very clear picture of it so if you could take a look at it, I would really appreciate it or if you know a vet that you can send the picture to for a
    “Friend”.
    Please pm if you can help THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
    Kisses, Kate

Retired Companion
    Awww. I know some dentists and med guys, but I don't think I know any veterinarians. Hope the kitty is ok

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    If it's feral outdoor cat it could be harboring all kinds of icky problems. If you are brave the best you might do without professional advice would be to give it a decent bath in a garage tub sink or similar situation that doesn't require coming in the house. Many pet stores have free bathing areas. If you have a kennel and it tolerates the adventure you might try giving it a wash there. Clerks there might have some awareness of what the wound might be. Once it's cleaned up getting it covered with some sort of bandage to keep it clean is a good idea. If it is an infection forming some sort of abcess you will need antibiotics in some form along with bandages and maybe even packing material for if a lot of tissue has been destroyed.

Not a simple answer. But if it were my cat I would be terribly worried about taking care of it.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Hope the cat doing good