Thread: Htlm's

This is probably another dumb computer question, on aspd I never had problems posting web site links. When I do it on here and I have noticed others do it to, it dosen't come up as a link, you have to click and paste to get it to work. Any suggestions?

Hardhat644

Verified Hobbyist BCD GneissGuy's Avatar
    What are you trying to post?

Links work just fine, for instance,

http://icanhascheezburger.com

If you're trying to post stuff like embeds, scripts, etc., I think those don't work. They should never have been allowed anyway.

There's also a "BB Code Help" button.
    Be Gneiss Gnow...

Verified Companion AlexisSoftTouch's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hardhat644 @ Feb 25 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    This is probably another dumb computer question, on aspd I never had problems posting web site links. When I do it on here and I have noticed others do it to, it dosen&#39;t come up as a link, you have to click and paste to get it to work. Any suggestions?

Hardhat644[/b]
    FWIW, there is a insert link (hyper link) you can add your link too, that will post the link in html. Or,,, you can simply write and add your own html code using [url] and / on the end
    ASPD was kinda cool in the fact that it would automatically do that for ya. I guess I got lazy with ASPD, because now I am bitching and moaning that I have to write all the html code for my ads... Oh well,, it is worth it in the long run.

What is fun is to figure out what formats particular sites use ; <> and [] you never know,, until you post. I suggest previewing before posting the tread too.

Now as for images and needing a html code for links and such; you know that starts with [img][/img] or <a href=" /a> you have to go to sites that will write the code for you. Photobucket and Imageshack will write codes for you
    Full Body Sensual Massage & Tantra in Houston

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...t4x6banner.gif

Check out my Yahoo Groups!
    Are you a Massage Enthusiast or interested in the sacred art of Tantra? Meet others of like mind and interest.
    http://www.alexissofttouchlmt.com/Yahoo-Groups.html

281 793 3089 9am - 6pm CST TEXT

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AlexisSoftTouch @ Feb 26 2009, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Now as for images and needing a html code for links and such; you know that starts with or <a href=" /a> you have to go to sites that will write the code for you. Photobucket and Imageshack will write codes for you[/b]
    I think the board won&#39;t let you do a lot of the things past [img] [url], etc. For instance, the "<a" stuff.

It&#39;s a security risk to allow such stuff.
    Be Gneiss Gnow...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gneissguy @ Feb 25 2009, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    What are you trying to post?

Links work just fine, for instance,

http://icanhascheezburger.com

If you&#39;re trying to post stuff like embeds, scripts, etc., I think those don&#39;t work. They should never have been allowed anyway.

There&#39;s also a "BB Code Help" button.[/b]
    Ok GG, show what you typed in to get that link, that is what I&#39;m talking about.

Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hardhat644 @ Feb 26 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Ok GG, show what you typed in to get that link, that is what I&#39;m talking about.

Thanks[/b]
    I&#39;m not sure I understand the problem. I just typed in the letters, i.e. "h t t p : / / i c a n" etc. (without the spaces or quotes.) and the board software automagically made it a link.

(OK, I probably cut and pasted a link, but typing works the same.)

Sometimes the board software tries to be "smart" and misinterprets things on you.

I think putting the "http://" on the front may have a lot to do with it.

Did you try to post a link somewhere and had it fail? If so, what did you try to do.

The "preview post" button can really help while trying to do this kind of thing.
    Be Gneiss Gnow...

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">HH, when you go to the template to make a post, just under the font selection drop down menu, to the right of the emoticons, is a box with a green plus sign in it, click that and it will give you the old style script prompt like we are used to on Ye olde ASPD site. See if that works for ya,,,</span>
    <span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Chat Rules</span>

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    We deliberately disabled many of the scripting things here due to security needs. That will be done at aspd when the site returns.

Those of us who last year tested the new software saw many things reminiscent of here and we will have those and more shortly. (Please don&#39;t ask me when, &#39;cause I don&#39;t know.

I did talk with Amber (board owner) extensively this afternoon and I do know the work is being done. Why or what is in the way of it being accomplished as yet is something I don&#39;t know.

Meanwhile, we are here; we have bandwidth. We may lack a database but we certainly don&#39;t lack for creativity. Those who can write reviews, get cracking on those keyboards.

Staff is rescuing current reviews from the fully intact aspd data base. They will look "stripped" of bold face and other typographic, but that is both intentional (we don&#39;t enable potential slime that way) and also because this BB doesn&#39;t necessarily support that one&#39;s coding.

LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

How did you get his to work http://icanhascheezburger.com, when I click and paste it from somewherere else it dosn&#39;t come up as a link.

Well hell it worked that time, consider me a dumb ass.

Ok maybe this will explain my question. Miss Priss just put up an add and she typed in her web site but its not a link, you would have to click and paste it to your browser to get it to work unlike the one gneissguy wrote that you just click on and it takes you to the web site. Hope this makes my original question make sense. Clear as mud right?

Hardhat644

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hardhat644 @ Mar 11 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Ok maybe this will explain my question. Miss Priss just put up an add and she typed in her web site but its not a link, you would have to click and paste it to your browser to get it to work unlike the one gneissguy wrote that you just click on and it takes you to the web site.[/b]

She typed her site&#39;s partial URL: www.mymegan.com

If you type a site&#39;s complete URL, including the "http://" at the beginning,
    it should come out as a clickable link: http://www.mymegan.com
    Preferred411[/url][/list]

Thanks Quiet Smiles I got it now!!!

Hardhat644