Thread: Radical Changes to save the economy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Today? IN eneral? Damn Houston most of the time
    Dont get me wrong, I am not totally against taxes as they are a necessary evil that we are forced to accept. I am for less government intervention anc control of our personal lives. I believe that there must be some that have to object to new and or increased taxes or there will be no end to them. The point is to insure that when something is taxed it isnt taxed so heavily that it leads to the continuation of the criminal element through black,market enterprise.

mORE LATER.....

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2Dogs @ Feb 26 2009, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Dont get me wrong, I am not totally against taxes as they are a necessary evil that we are forced to accept. I am for less government intervention anc control of our personal lives. I believe that there must be some that have to object to new and or increased taxes or there will be no end to them. The point is to insure that when something is taxed it isnt taxed so heavily that it leads to the continuation of the criminal element through black,market enterprise.

mORE LATER.....[/b]
    You and I are in disagreement on the tax issue. I do not spend much time worrying about the level of taxes that I pay. I understand that we must pay our fair share for the goods and services that we have come to expect. Many of those services we take for granted with little thought about where the money came from. The only consideration would be if those services were no longer available. Since I do not fit into the $250k tax bracket (I wish I did), I do not see a significant difference in what I pay under a Republican or Democratic Administration. If I did, I would gladly pay a proportionately higher share of taxes.

With that said, I still do not understand the concept of giving tax breaks during a time of war. I suppose I am more of a "pay as you go" kinda guy. Asking our children and grandchildren to pay for our wars is foolish. A war should be a shared sacrifice. If I am not fighting the war, I should be paying my fair share of the cost for the war. While on the subject, I am in favor of our military personnel who have been put "in harm&#39;s way" not having to pay income taxes during the period of time that they are in a "war zone." The soldiers are the ones asked to make the ultimate sacrifice. The least we could do would be that they not have to share in the financial sacrifice, as well.

Just my 2 cents!