Thread: An update...of sorts -

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    updated today - 2/25/09

for those who have previously read this, there's nothing new.

Others, it may be of interest, especially how to let others in the greater aspd community know about home2 so they can stay in touch during the black out.

= = = = =

In response to all who have asked or commented about the future of home2 ... the intent remains that it stay an adjunct to aspd primarily for the folks who attend meet-n-greets (socials) because it offers those members a way to stay a bit more private.

Having tested the proposed new aspd software package last year, I can honestly state that that new aspd package is more robust in many ways than the package here...but home2 does have some features that are equal to or better than what aspd will have when it is restored and updated, which I am confident will happen when it is time. I wish I knew and could say when that will be. Plus home2 offers an additional communications channel in case the primary falters.

Patience is about all I can counsel at this point, plus concentrate on having fun and on keeping our community cohesive, calm and collected.

Gents, if you have any spare play dollars hoarded away, no is the time to share the wealth.

Ladies, I know there is a lot of pressure to cut rates or even raise them...and I cannot be judgmental on that evolution... but may I suggest adding minutes to the basic hour as an incentive for rewarding those invited into your boudoir.

If you know personally any legitimate members on aspd who have not found their way to home2 as yet, please give them these data so we can keep them in the loop during the black out:

Please REGISTER an account at

http://home2.invisionzone.com

Registration requires that you must use your current aspd data, including

-- your current aspd user name

-- the current email address in your aspd profile

Please read Home2 registration page for more information. All registrations must be validated against the aspd data file, which takes some time. Patience, please, during the registration and validation process.

= = = = = = = =

For the Record

ASPD Update

As all here most likely know, ASPD was trashed Saturday night (Feb. 8 - the board owner was in control (as of Sunday morning) and processes are underway to make sure the recovery and total restoration of all data base files is complete and secure. The board will be unavailable until that security is assured.

Despite what some have posted elsewhere, zero member personal data was compromised because

1) aspd doesn't collect any personal data beyond that which a member offers -- the member's mailing address and handle.

2) the password data base is separated from the normal data bases and is not accessible to staff.

3) paid member's personal data is not received by ASPD staff - never! Unless the member is asked by Support to verify a payment by supplying an edited receipt.

No credit card info, because that is kept by the intermediary Verotel/ticketsclub.

No checks, only money orders, and those are anonymous, with only a user profile name on them to connect them to the user account.

= = = = = = = = =

Folks, if you have suspicions about "culprits," please keep those off the board; please put no links in here either as one never knows who is at the end of a link capturing who knows what data!

= = = = = = = = =
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Verified Hobbyist BCD GneissGuy's Avatar
    Does that mean ASPD is being updated to a much later version of the vBulletin software?
    Be Gneiss Gnow...

i can now respond. thank you to all

Verified Hobbyist BCD geniusman's Avatar
    Hopefully ASPD will become a private board as this one to eliminate the bad seeds

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (geniusman @ Feb 22 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Hopefully ASPD will become a private board as this one to eliminate the bad seeds[/b]
    Although that can be a great idea...

I doubt that implementing it successfully can be possible given the mere size of ASPD&#39;s membership which already contains a number of malcontents that still share BCD information in a number of wide open public sites.

After all, to eliminate the bad seeds, we must first identify them.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    GG - I wish and hope.

As for aspd becoming private... I would counsel the owner to avoid that because the public nature of aspd is both its strength (and to a degree a weakness) but imho public is the way to strong growth.

imho, the very nature of home2 being both semi-open and having vouched private areas is an additional "model" for aspd ownership to consider. Having strongly vouched secured private areas within aspd could be a pattern for the future needs of both board and members.

But, as we all know all too well, nothing on the internet is ever secret nor private for very long. That said, my counsel continues to be -- don&#39;t put anything on the &#39;net that you never want your mom, dad, kid sister or grandkids to see.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Exactly, you can&#39;t say to nearly 150,000 people registered as members + God-only-knows how many lurkers that nearly all stink. Truth is it is/was a very, very few.
    Trust yourself.

I know several friends who lurk just to find the provider ad on aspd. The open provider ads provide lot more bussiness for the providers than just members peeking at the ads. They also told me that they look at the review recommendations. I agree with CK, open nature of aspd helps growth.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ck1942 @ Feb 23 2009, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    But, as we all know all too well, nothing on the internet is ever secret nor private for very long. That said, my counsel continues to be -- don&#39;t put anything on the &#39;net that you never want your mom, dad, kid sister or grandkids to see.[/b]
    CK, truer words were never written!

I doubt I&#39;ll ever be active enough or social enough to have a permanent/alternate home here compared to aspd. That&#39;s ok. I&#39;m looking forward to the original site coming back strong and more secure.

I&#39;ve spent more than 25 years dealing with technical crises like this and I empathize to the full with the owners and the technical support staff of ASPD. Hang in there y&#39;all. Painful as this may be, some day you&#39;ll look back on the event and remember how it brought you closer together as an organization. I&#39;ve got lots of stories to illustrate the point but I doubt you&#39;re interested right now.

:)

All the best wishes!!!!

Verified Hobbyist BCD GneissGuy's Avatar
    To put it in a cruder way.

I&#39;d bet dollars to donuts*:

1) Some of the known scumbags are here on home2 under new names.
    2) Some of the well known people here who have only had one userID and have been around for years are scumbags.

*Gee, I&#39;m dating myself. These days, "dollars to donuts" is almost a fair trade.
    Be Gneiss Gnow...

Today? IN eneral? Damn Houston most of the time
    You can still get an apple fritter for a buck at the local ADS (Asian doughnut shop)

Verified Hobbyist
    I&#39;ve finally found my way home after being lost in the wilderness. :D

You don&#39;t really know or appreciate what you&#39;ve got until it&#39;s gone. Thanks to everyone that is working to restore the site and providing us this alternative.

Live life to the fullest, the graveyards are full of people that were too busy to die.

Hobby Addict
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ck1942 @ Feb 23 2009, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    GG - I wish and hope.

As for aspd becoming private... I would counsel the owner to avoid that because the public nature of aspd is both its strength (and to a degree a weakness) but imho public is the way to strong growth.

imho, the very nature of home2 being both semi-open and having vouched private areas is an additional "model" for aspd ownership to consider. Having strongly vouched secured private areas within aspd could be a pattern for the future needs of both board and members.

But, as we all know all too well, nothing on the internet is ever secret nor private for very long. That said, my counsel continues to be -- don&#39;t put anything on the &#39;net that you never want your mom, dad, kid sister or grandkids to see.[/b]
    At one point we were all "newbies" -- while it is nice to have private areas -- the only way to grow and add to the vibrancy of the discussion, reviews and ads is to bring in new members, who start as newbies and in time become valuable contributors.

Once everything is back up and functional I would like to see a single site even if there are significant private, access limited areas. It is simply less cumbersome to deal with a single site, IMO.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (schertzguy @ Feb 26 2009, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I&#39;ve finally found my way home after being lost in the wilderness. :D

You don&#39;t really know or appreciate what you&#39;ve got until it&#39;s gone. Thanks to everyone that is working to restore the site and providing us this alternative.[/b]

I can&#39;t agree more... in fact used that same phrase when I contacted support@aspd.net to learn about this site...