Thread: Into the Atlantic, loveitdou

Retired Hobbyist (RIP) loveitdou's Avatar

Into the Atlantic, loveitdou

Left Barcelona @ 0600 this morning, cool day here but got better with the sun up. Water temperature is 60+ F so it feels cooler. About 3 hours out we hit a squall that brought us 35 MPH winds and some interesting 4 meter swells. My two girls who are along for the ride to the Canary Is were both a little sea sick but the squall only lasted 3.5 hours and it's been smooth since. It's 2000 (8:30PM) here now and we can see the lights of Mallorca off the port stern.

Should reach Las Palmas de Gran Canaria in 4 more days where we will play in the sand and ride & walk up to the top the volcano where if it's not crowded I plan to get a stereo BBBJTCIM.

The yacht handles beautifully , that according to my Captain, I've been too busy taking care of 2 pussies to care about sailing. I will need to get with it as I have the 0200 to 0400 helm watch will probably be passing the Strait of Gibraltar on my watch or not if the wind falls below 20 Knots. That area is pretty busy with commercial traffic and I will be on a keen lookout for the big boys as they don't seem to care even a little about running over us. LOL

After a week or 10 days at and around the Canary's and an exchange of girls we will be headed for Cape Verde Is and a week there visiting several of the Islands. After that St Helena, Ascension Is then to Rio- About 3 months including cruising,and 6 "helpers" total-- hopefully we can average 15 knots but that of course is dependent on the wind and currents. My Captain says it should be an easy passage. I plan to spend 30-60 days in Rio and Sao Paulo depending on availability of marina space in Rio. I notified my contact in Rio and he said he'd have a great line up of new girls for me when I arrive. Can't get the smile off my face thinking about that!

So I will be reporting my mongering once we are in the Canary Is where there are a few HDHs available.

Verified Hobbyist BCD pmdelites's Avatar
    how about a photo of your yacht? (the real one, not the one between your legs :^)
    it's always afternoon!!

have fun out there.

dont let the negatives get you down.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Unique_Carpenter's Avatar
    The Shop in KC, with deliveries to here and there
    more of the story on eccie.

Retired Hobbyist (RIP) loveitdou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdelites View Post
    how about a photo of your yacht? (the real one, not the one between your legs :^)
    We'd need a Macro lens for the one between my legs LMAO
    I don't have a pix but will pull one of a yacht with the same exterior.
    Maybe I could get one of my hands to swim out and take a pix fron water level, probably would not get a taker on that plan.

La La Land, between the Red & Brazos rivers
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdelites View Post
    The rest of the story is hidden. You must be a verified hobbyist to view additional content.