Thread: Rules of the Road: Otherwise known as the Do's and Don'ts of the site.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar

Rules of the Road: Otherwise known as the Do's and Don'ts of the site.

Like a few of y'all, i've been on this site awhile. And also a member of the Mothership. But that was back in the day and when I first found out about our Hobby sites online. Being around awhile, get use to certain rules/regulations/mannerisms.

Well, once day I get a PM saying a "Cone of Silence" has been applied to me. Never heard that one before. Short of it is explained tersely that I can't comment on someone or in threads they've posted to and vice versa. I thought that was a dirty verse to be read to me (awaits to see if anyone gets the pun.) After ruminating to see if i've accidentally lied about someone or did some other absence of malice thing (none came to my recollection), I started to look for the rules of the site.

A quick search reveals this site has no posted rules. The closest you get is to get and beget Respect. Well, that is all fine and dandy but there are some pretty disrespectful characters here that are allowed to stay regardless of their documented flaws presented to management of such sites as ours. So, I do a search of "Cone of Silence", "Terms of Service", "TOS", "Guideline Rules", "Guide Rules" the only things I get back are mostly references to comments i've made. I do see that Moderators make reference to "oh2 rules" but you will not find them with a search either.

So, I post that is what I learned here on this thread.
    CK was nice enough to respond with:

Quote Originally Posted by ck1942 View Post
    The basic rule is set out in the community site flag:

ourhome2 is a privately owned and operated adult (18 years or older) website with public forums open to lurkers and basic registered members, and with non-public and strictly private forums for validated members only. Be aware that this is an "adult" community and you must be tolerant of adult activities and adult images.

All here must respect themselves and others.

And some excerpts from the "male welcome letter"

"Active" membership means members are expected to participate here by posting in coed or private forum discussions, post ads, posting reviews or otherwise making yourself known within the community. We are here to have fun, to hobby, nothing more and nothing less.

"verified" carries a good measure of responsibility hereabouts and some legitimacy. But,

"Verified" is never a perfect endorsement or guarantee of any one in our community; you should do your own research prior to any engagement and expect the same to be done to you. "Verified" is not the same as "vouched."

Site management sets the rules.

Which, before and ever since the demise of aspd have been well known to most members with a history on the Mother Ship.

The key here is respect. And, fwiw, active members here are expected to behave as well elsewhere. Perhaps not absolutely stated here as clearly as it should be (which will be corrected) but those who wish to join this community are also judged(?) weighed(?) admitted based on their overall hobbying history and performance.

= = = = =

Almost always better to grumble about any uncertainty in the rules via the PM system, IMHO!

But, since you have expressed an interest, you will be among the first members to know where the rules are located.

And, thank you for prompting a re-evaluation of the subject matter and its presentation in the:

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/faq.php

Much of the material in the FAQ covered almost all of the above; it was apparently lost in translation/transfer during the 2018 host platform moves.

The missing (and some new) material is on the list to be refreshed asap.

Happy Hobbying!
    So, that is why I started this post so as when Rules for this site are finally put to paper, as stated in the above quote, "But, since you have expressed an interest, you will be among the first members to know where the rules are located."
    Last edited by Precious_b; 01-10-2019 at 10:49 PM.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Easier to just be a gentlemen or lady, talk and reply as your would in life. Articular yourself and be civil above reproach. When someone just puts things out to shock and brand themselves as "I don't give a fuck" and the lone rebell, it's pretty clear to "call it as you see it" and not have specifically spell out examples in the rules. I'm speaking in general and not specifically your post or situation here. I'm talking of recent and past boards where no one wants to post in coed or anywhere due to such a toxic environment due to a very few or a single individual behind a laptop all day.

Jack, the person who comes across the keyboard on this site is the same person you will meet. I am the same person. Call me naive, but I didn't realize people adopted other personas when they sign up for accounts online and begin to post. RR was like that. We butted heads in the past and I saw him at a social event and swore he said something about me under his breath. I ran across him later on and we got to talk and he said he just liked to rub people the wrong way online. Personable face to face.

I really don't pay attention to those that try to be shock jocks/jackies on this site. But those that won't own the drama they create just gets to me. Specifically the ones that create the toxic environment others have posted about them, from first hand experience, and just blow off opportunity to clear the air about such events WITH FACTS. Otherwise, ima happy clam.

My Huckleberry

Ladies and gents...PLEASE DO NOT make this site a BS site like ECCIE with nay sayers PLEASE keep it up scale

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dog soldier 4 View Post
    Ladies and gents...PLEASE DO NOT make this site a BS site like ECCIE with nay sayers PLEASE keep it up scale
    ^^^Amen. Thanks to OH2 staff for keeping OH2 civil.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Boy. With the recent state of affairs on this board I was searching to find if anything was posted about a question I have and found this.

Doesn't seem what Jack, Dog or LLIA wishes are coming true.

Will post my question in appropriate forum.

My Huckleberry

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
    Boy. With the recent state of affairs on this board I was searching to find if anything was posted about a question I have and found this.

Doesn't seem what Jack, Dog or LLIA wishes are coming true.

Will post my question in appropriate forum.
    Keeping the boards civil and dealing fairly with controversial activities are two very different things.

I agree that anyone who breaks the rules here should be held accountable, but since I am not on the jury of the actions in question, I won’t venture an opinion. I have to believe that the admins will take care of it. We may not like the decisions made, but that’s tough.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Registered Male (Not Verified) Shmafty's Avatar
    I don't know if you can find it via a search function, but when I went looking for the forum rules a short while back I found some at this link: Board FAQ (ourhome2.net)

Which I got to from the FAQ link from the menu banner at the top of the page, and then selecting the Ourhome2 Community Quick Rules Summary link in the top box of that page.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I must miss a lot of the drama but I don't want to be in the locker room subs for that reason. From my perspective I don't see much of an issue. The rules that shmafty linked seem clear enough. The staff do a good job. The only ones that are a bit crunchy are some regulars and one or two of the mods, but we all have a personality and I am sure dealing with nonsense gets old. Don't let dramatic people live in your head rent free