Thread: Became unverified

Verified Hobbyist BCD SpencerTracy's Avatar

Became unverified

I'm not sure if this a coincidence or not, but even though I've been verified hobbyist for less than a month on this site, after I changed my desired email address, the site removed my verified status and now shows me as a registered but unverified male (for a while it was showing me as verified, but I couldn't see ROS information). I received no confirming email to the new email address or the old one, but it looks like the email address did change. I certainly could have the providers re-verify me, but this seems like a glitch in the software that a mod should be able to resolve without that much hassle. I sent a message to CK forwarding him the PM I received saying I was a "registered hobbyist", but not enough time has passed probably for him to deal with it. I thought it should be posted in this forum in case the tech team is different than CK and this is a bug needing to be fixed...Thanks in advance...

It eventually (at least an hour later) sent me an email requesting that I click a link to "reverify" my account, which presume really means it is reverifying the email address. I clicked the link, and it did not return me to verified hobbyist status, and in fact stated that my account was already "activated" so I should try logging in. I did so, still not verified. I closed browser and tried to log in again, same thing. If I had known the site would remove my verified hobbyist status by changing email addresses, I would not have done it...so at the very least there ought to be a "You must reverify your account and you may lose verified hobbyist status...still want to change email address? Y/N?"

Retired Site "Guide"
    Just send an email to support@ourhome2.net and explain your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
    Just send an email to support@ourhome2.net and explain your situation.
    Did that a few hours ago.

All fixed now...thanks whomever/CK!

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Glad the issue has been resolved.

The relatively few staff members here (and in Support) are all volunteers with RW lives (and some of us even hobby from time to time), so while ever request is usually responded to on a timely basis, best to give us at least a day to respond.

We've had some known and unknown issues with the mailer service -- not the least of which is sometimes complicated by members' own mail boxes and spam filters not accepting or outright rejecting support@ourhome2.net mail + rather heavy PM traffic (many members ask for email notices and thread reply notices) which may well cause the mailer delays.

If the member changes his email addy, there is a mail notice (with a must respond link) dispatched, and if the link isn't activated within a certain time frame the member's account may be downgraded or suspended to protect that profile's security.

Which is why members are offered the option of a "hidden" log in aside from the member's visible handle.

I frequently get mailer notices that we have hit a 5,000 mails dispatched in a 24 hour period.

Happy Hobbying!
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!