Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sweatin' like a ***** in church

Verified Companion Companion Champagne Brown's Avatar
    I use to be a Bible thumper many moons ago..

Now that I know what this Jesus thing really was, um no thank you.. Im not worshipping the sweet Jesus the ship,pfft.. The brain washing is over for me, and I'm free!
    **UPDATED** 09/23/22
    $50 Deposits are required:

For all Unverified Accts & "Some" Verified Accts

Unverified Accts Using Fake Number Apps (Texts now,Google Voice, Pinger,Onvoy Sybase365, Peerless Network, and Bandwidth numbers.. I Prefer not to book them, due to having so many issues with those type of accounts , but can make exceptions..

My safety and my time matters
    $champagenebrow

160hh 300hour 6002hours 9003hours

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Great topic. I became disillusioned with “church”, but not with God. I believe God, Jesus and the trinity are real. Christians give Christianity a bad name. Not because we sin, but because we judge others and parade around like showpieces pretending to have been transformed into a state of Holy, pious, perfection when everyone with a brain knows that just isn’t true. Then there are those who handsomely profit financially from the church. Those folks don’t help.
    Last edited by Rickshaw17; 01-17-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD 1andonlyboardman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Brown View Post
    I use to be a Bible thumper many moons ago..

Now that I know what this Jesus thing really was, um no thank you.. Im not worshipping the sweet Jesus the ship,pfft.. The brain washing is over for me, and I'm free!
    Please tell us what the Jesus thing really was...
    Surely to Tebow you haven't disavowed your faith because of the name of a fucking ship...A ship that carried some slaves some 450 years ago and was christened with it's name by a previous owner years before it was ever used for slave trade.
    Make sure that tin foil hat is on with the shiny side in...less stupid shit bounces off of it that way.

Im a believer in a higher power.. Not in the "church".. I pray daily & give my thanks for blessings received & to come. I don't practice any certain religion. I was raised Baptist, then started @ a non-denominational church. I do, however, respect the beliefs of others. I may not necessarily agree, but i do respect. You don't have to go to a certain building to praise or be a believer.. Just my input on this.. Believe it or not, just because the adult industry is part of our lives, doesn't mean we don't have morals or faith.

Boardman: I dont check these forum's much, but im not about to give you a real "his"-story class..

The letter J was found, then added to the hewbrew alphabets 1500s, and started being used in the 1600s.(Same year as the boat) Do the math, his name isn't Jesus.. (You can always ask google or pick a book up, and read.. Too much info out here to be ignorant.)

Also how many, Johns, Jacobs, Jesus,James do see running around in the middle east? None

I don't knock anybody's religion either, I was a Christian for 35 years.. Never sweated in church, op..
    Last edited by Champagne Brown; 01-21-2019 at 07:11 AM.
    **UPDATED** 09/23/22

Unverified Accts Using Fake Number Apps (Texts now,Google Voice, Pinger,Onvoy Sybase365, Peerless Network, and Bandwidth numbers.. I Prefer not to book them, due to having so many issues with those type of accounts , but can make exceptions..

$champagenebrow

1524 to present day..

Last edited by Champagne Brown; 01-21-2019 at 07:41 AM.
    **UPDATED** 09/23/22

$champagenebrow

Verified Companion Companion DallasRain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasRain View Post
    Me too, in all 4,200s ..

I'll be sweating then, lol

strong unique baby names
    Last edited by Champagne Brown; 01-21-2019 at 10:57 AM.
    **UPDATED** 09/23/22

$champagenebrow

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Brown View Post
    Boardman: I dont check these forum's much, but im not about to give you a real "his"-story class..

The letter J was found, then added to the hewbrew alphabets 1500s, and started being used in the 1600s.(Same year as the boat) Do the math, his name isn't Jesus.. (You can always ask google or pick a book up, and read.. Too much info out here to be ignorant.)

Also how many, Johns, Jacobs, Jesus,James do see running around in the middle east? None

I don't knock anybody's religion either, I was a Christian for 35 years.. Never sweated in church, op..
    LMAO

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    The person known as Jesus in the New Testament spoke Aramaic. His name in that language was Yeshua. The New Testament was written in Greek so Yeshua was translated to Jesus.

Religion although this will get some backlash im sure but hear me out l. Christianity in a whole no matter the congregation type is a new form of religion. Before christianity was founded tgere was peganism. (Which is not devil worship its made out to be today) it consisted of many dieties or. God like figures both male and female. Which actually if you think about it make catholicism look like a copycat religion in entirity with its saints (notice there are diffrent male and female figures for every situation in life for whom to pray to...) Look it up.. And did you know there are books deemed "innapropriate" at the vatican they.refuse to allow to be published?? Just like the catholic bible publishes a chapter called "amos" in there bible that baptists and others refuse to allow?? Im just saying i thought "the good book" and all its chapters were meant for all followers why hide or leave something out?

Now do i believe theres many of gods or goddesses ?? I am not qualified to make that decision.. Is there good and bad in all religions by a diffrent name yes ... For now i will simply pray to the omega ( and yes thats what i call too) and only ask that he or she (or for all we truly know the almighty could be a non gender entity as a whole, i mean even in the bible "he" never showed to the vergin mary but sent an angel to tell her of immaculate conception-which was the first form of invetro.yet the church frowns on science..hmm) Countinue to bless me and all the others who need it. And continue to provide protection for those who are unable to protect themselves.

Ancient greek and roman mythology (and even in mythology there was the omega zues the creator and his wife hera the ruler of heavens and the earth.) has been dated back to 5 b.c in historical evidence which the christian church deemed as peganism( a slander term of hedinism) so i mean the historical findings are out there you just have to look
    Last edited by lovelyxxxo; 01-22-2019 at 10:15 AM.

I think since man was separated from beast by the ability to reason, reason itself has been contemplated. Philosophy is, in part, the study or better yet the consideration of who we are, where we came from and where we are going. In other words it is a contemplation of our existence, our reality and our future. On the surface it is an unanswerable question and unanswerable questions is one of the reasons we have philosophy. Philosophy tries to give us many answers on a deeper level. One answer is that our existence is the plan of a higher power...Usually one that we can not see. Faith is required.(A whole other philosophical discussion)

Many civilizations, cultures and people groups have existed throughout the ages. Almost all of them have managed to arrive, at least philosophically, to the same basic belief that there is some kind of a higher power. Sure the diety(ies) take different forms but the answer to the questions of existence, reality and future is found in all of them.

I think the next logical step, once deity is accepted, is the desire to please that deity. That could be for a variety of reasons like preventing wrath but more commonly it is to overcome death. Depending on what one believes their deity to be, pleasing them can run a range of things from simply declaring a belief, reaching a certain level of consciousness, atonement, all manner of sacrifice and lots of combinations thereof. At this point it is still philosophical in nature.

Religion comes into play when the more unscrupulous among the people groups attempt to use the acceptance of deity for their own gain, be it power and/or wealth. They start to write the rules, so to speak, of how exactly their particular deity needs to be pleased so that they can achieve the goal of overcoming death. In the Christian faith, the one I am familiar with, there is the Bible which is broken into two major sections. The first covenant and the second. The first covenant seems to be a philosophy of existence, a system of rules and a collection of allegories which defines the faith handed down and later written by certain men/women who had a mystical connection with an omnipotent God. By following these rules and learning the lessons which teach a code of moral conduct you can overcome death. Believable enough as long as one has faith, right? Right?

But then comes the second covenant. It basically says the first was way too complicated. Huh? It's like the all knowing, all seeing, all powerful God said "Oops, my bad, y'all can't handle this so let me make it easier. As God you can't look upon me so here is my son who came from you and because of that you can look upon him. Once you crucify him you just have to have faith that he is who he says he is and you can throw out all those previous difficult to follow rules."
    Wait, does that mean God made a mistake???

We know the story of Jesus is not allegorical but actual history. It requires faith to accept him as Christ. I grew up in the Christian faith but I do have questions that are unanswerable. Like Caroline, I don't think I'm qualified to say I'm absolutely right. I think there is some kind of after life. I was taught that the only way to a good afterlife is through declaring a belief in the son of God. Do I believe it? I think it's one way but I don't know that it's the only way. As I said before, If a person works hard to be the best person they can be and they treat others the way they want to be treated I have a hard time reconciling that such a benevolent God, one that has given infinite chances to some who continue to screw it up, will suddenly and eternally be spiteful to the ones who never had a chance in the first place.
    Also like Caroline, I have conversations. Sometimes they are pleasant and sometimes...not so much. I try not to ask for anything other than patience or wisdom or forgiveness. I try not to blame but sometimes I do.

For me religion is a set of rules made up by certain people with the intent of keeping people in line by using their faith in and their fear of deity and what happens in the afterlife. I don't conform very well to rules benefiting others.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    In the Christian faith: God gave just 10 rules/commandments via Moses. The Jewish religious heirarchy greatly expanded upon those, creating hundreds of rules, but I digress. Those original 10 commandments were meant to show us that we are inadequate. If you could keep them in heart, mind and deed you’d be perfect. Apart from Jesus, to my knowledge, no one has kept them. The logical conclusion is that if God requires perfection, then He must save us. We cannot save ourselves. That’s where grace through faith comes in. We have faith in God/Jesus and he graciously forgives us and allows us to be with Him for eternity.

To me, that God exists is obvious. Knowing who God is, is more difficult. Different cultures identify with God differently. According to the Bible, Jesus is the only way to the Father/God. You cannot earn your way into Heaven by being good. I know many disagree with that concept, but that is what it says. No rules, just faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickshaw17 View Post
    In the Christian faith: God gave just 10 rules/commandments via Moses. The Jewish religious heirarchy greatly expanded upon those, creating hundreds of rules, but I digress. Those original 10 commandments were meant to show us that we are inadequate. If you could keep them in heart, mind and deed you’d be perfect. Apart from Jesus, to my knowledge, no one has kept them. The logical conclusion is that if God requires perfection, then He must save us. We cannot save ourselves. That’s where grace through faith comes in. We have faith in God/Jesus and he graciously forgives us and allows us to be with Him for eternity.

To me, that God exists is obvious. Knowing who God is, is more difficult. Different cultures identify with God differently. According to the Bible, Jesus is the only way to the Father/God. You cannot earn your way into Heaven by being good. I know many disagree with that concept, but that is what it says. No rules, just faith.
    So we can fck up as much as we want and all is forgiven as long as we say" we accept jesus in our lives" ...

- - - Updated - - -

So why must we do the hell marys and asking for forgiveness / confession.. I mean arent we all good as soon as we say that statement ... ??

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Yes. I didn’t write the Bible, I can only read it. What it says is that by faith you are saved. The only prerequisite is a sincere, genuine belief in Jesus. To paraphrase Romans: If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. To paraphrase John, Jesus was quoted as saying: The work of God is this; believe on Him whom He has sent. There are other verses consistently saying that salvation is by grace through faith and not of works lest any man should boast.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast