Thread: Do any of you think the Dallas Amazon warehouse has a whipping post?

Registered Female (Not Verified) elisabethwhispers's Avatar

Do any of you think the Dallas Amazon warehouse has a whipping post?

So I order from Amazon all of the time and have, for years, been a Prime member. Now, I'm considering participating in an Amazon Prime 12-step program to break my addiction to the company because of all of the horror stories I'm hearing about the corporation plus, how they treat their employees on the lower levels.

Also, I'm starting to think the company itself might turn out to be a truly evil entity.

Have any of you heard similar horror stories but from actual people who have, or do, work there?

The reason why I'm pondering this is this afternoon, just got an Amazon package that had a leaky product (insert joke here). With a bit of care in packaging, the whole box wouldn't have had washing detergent all over it. With just a slight bit of care in making the package fit together better would have made that issue probably not happen.

But I am loathe, and I mean LOATHE, to make a compliant with the company about the packaging. Because it's likely (am I correct?) that they could locate the warehouse worker in Dallas who loaded up the box and probably strap him or her to a whipping post. Or lose their job? At a minimum, write that person up?

In a few days, I'll get one of those packaging ratings requests and it'll probably get ignored just because of the above.

What are your thoughts? I know this might sound silly but if someone is being overworked and makes a simple, and fixable, mistake ... just don't wish someone to get in trouble.

I know, First World Issue.

ha

Happy New Year!
    Elisabeth
    www.nottheusualone.com

One Hour - $240
    90 Minutes - $300
    Two Hours - $400

Rates will be changing soon. Contact me to get grandfather'd in!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Its way too easy to click and order and have it delivered in a timely fashion and amazon is now way too big for them to even be concerned with a leaking package.

If I recall correctly they were pressured to raise their entry level pay from minimum wage. They were paying minimum wage with monthly bonus and stock options at the time. They went to the $15 hr, but took away the bonuses and stock options which actually caused the employees to make less than they were at minimum wage. I would say that is pretty dirty upper management to do that to the workers.

A company that big making billions in profit should provide better for their workers on the bottom end not just the top side with all their huge bonuses and perks!

BANNED! FAILURE TO RESPECT COMMUNITY RULES!
    I have heard from a few people who work the warehouses.. it is very hard work for the pay, and few are full-time because Amazon avoids paying benefits to part-timers. I would hate to be a delivery person for them.. seems like the stress level would be overwhelming, with little reward.

Verified Hobbyist BCD pmdelites's Avatar
    elisabeth,

if it were me, i’d give a rating/report tellimg them that something happened and the result.

i would add something similar to what you wrote here ...
    ”...
    The reason why I'm pondering this is this afternoon, just got an Amazon package that had a leaky product (insert joke here). With a bit of care in packaging, the whole box wouldn't have had washing detergent all over it. With just a slight bit of care in making the package fit together better would have made that issue probably not happen.

But I am loathe, and I mean LOATHE, to make a compliant with the company about the packaging. Because it's likely (am I correct?) that they could locate the warehouse worker in Dallas who loaded up the box and probably strap him or her to a whipping post. Or lose their job? At a minimum, write that person up?

In a few days, I'll get one of those packaging ratings requests ...”

just make them aware packing procedures need improving and dont dwell on what could happen to the identified worker.

plus, they’ll prolly send you replacements for the damaged products.

related, i bought a bottle of cream luquir at a liquor storw. a) it wont pour properly and b) what comes out looks like cursled cream. they gave me a replacement bottle.

good luck - but be an assertive consumer/customer!

(just wish some slacking providers gave good customer complaint service :^})
    it's always afternoon!!

have fun out there.

dont let the negatives get you down.