So I order from Amazon all of the time and have, for years, been a Prime member. Now, I'm considering participating in an Amazon Prime 12-step program to break my addiction to the company because of all of the horror stories I'm hearing about the corporation plus, how they treat their employees on the lower levels.

Also, I'm starting to think the company itself might turn out to be a truly evil entity.

Have any of you heard similar horror stories but from actual people who have, or do, work there?

The reason why I'm pondering this is this afternoon, just got an Amazon package that had a leaky product (insert joke here). With a bit of care in packaging, the whole box wouldn't have had washing detergent all over it. With just a slight bit of care in making the package fit together better would have made that issue probably not happen.

But I am loathe, and I mean LOATHE, to make a compliant with the company about the packaging. Because it's likely (am I correct?) that they could locate the warehouse worker in Dallas who loaded up the box and probably strap him or her to a whipping post. Or lose their job? At a minimum, write that person up?

In a few days, I'll get one of those packaging ratings requests and it'll probably get ignored just because of the above.

What are your thoughts? I know this might sound silly but if someone is being overworked and makes a simple, and fixable, mistake ... just don't wish someone to get in trouble.

I know, First World Issue.

ha

Happy New Year!
Elisabeth