Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you funding the Border wall or ladders? THREAD CLOSED BY CK1942

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Are you funding the Border wall or ladders? THREAD CLOSED BY CK1942

Lol

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

https://www.gofundme.com/ladders-to-...trump039s-wall

Why are we raising taxes? When we can get volunteers to donate their money. Hell we could get most of our roads replaced. There just has to be some controversy to make people open up their wallets.

So what happens to the money if it doesn’t get used for it’s intended purpose? Is this another case of the homeless man gas can scam?

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    My dollars go to my own border wall. Have to keep the wee woofs at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge behind the fence or they would create havoc in the streets! Look what happened when they crossed over last time:

Sent me the bill for all that bling. Sheesh.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    Someone pass that to Austin Ellen.

Ima still waiting for Mexico to pay for it since that was promised. I know he can't be a liar.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Maybe the guy can move to New Mexico and he can write the check from a bank there.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Boarder security is important and the go fund me page should be an indicator to Congress that it is important to the forgotten people.

Mexico was never intended to pay for the wall outright...like them saying here US we will give you $25 million back of the billions you are currently giving us already, so you can build the needed wall. But instead with the renegotiations of NAFTA and a much better deal created for all including the US, the billions saved there is what was going to build the wall. Another misconception about Mexico building the wall is it would actually be Hispanic workers building the wall...can’t believe people actually believed that, although there is a good chance a very diverse work group will be working on building the wall.

All politicians are liars...some just outright lie a lot more than others. I never got to keep my doctor. Some may have intended and tried to keep their promises but just could not make it past the system and were/are being forced to do what the select few want. And it is scary that many are above the law as well.

Just a bone to chew on.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy11 View Post
    Boarder security is important and the go fund me page should be an indicator to Congress that it is important to the forgotten people.

Mexico was never intended to pay for the wall outright...like them saying here US we will give you $25 million back of the billions you are currently giving us already, so you can build the needed wall. But instead with the renegotiations of NAFTA and a much better deal created for all including the US, the billions saved there is what was going to build the wall. Another misconception about Mexico building the wall is it would actually be Hispanic workers building the wall...can’t believe people actually believed that, although there is a good chance a very diverse work group will be working on building the wall.

All politicians are liars...some just outright lie a lot more than others. I never got to keep my doctor. Some may have intended and tried to keep their promises but just could not make it past the system and were/are being forced to do what the select few want. And it is scary that many are above the law as well.

Just a bone to chew on.
    Goofy you made some great points- the biggest being that all politicians lie and some have good intent but there good intentions can be derailed by congress. In terms of the wall to keeping out immigrants and illegal substances IMHO it will not work. In the latter, the Cartels have very unique ways of getting their products across the border- they have used boats, jets, and have even built undergorung tunnels -so it's not going to stop the problem.

BANNED! FAILURE TO RESPECT COMMUNITY RULES!
    it's not just Mexicans anymore..

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...223391190.html

shame on the Republican Party for backing this guy, defending him the past 2 years.. funny how it started out with many Republicans very worried about Trump, then quickly coalesced into massive, unwavering support.. they got hammered in the election last month, because every group of people, outside the "over-40 Caucasian male" feels Trump directly attacks them at every turn.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    I would fund bridges if my pockets were deep enough.

Who am I kidding? If I had deep pockets I would blow it all on sex.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Can someone tell me what Wall (barrier) in history ever worked?

I can only think The Great Wall of China. When you see who ordered it, over saw the construction and used it, I don't think you'd like the cost of that one. Otherwise, every other one I can think of failed or was an extreme waste.

My Huckleberry

This from Wikipedia...

Although a useful deterrent against raids, at several points throughout its history the Great Wall failed to stop enemies, including in 1644 when the Manchu Qing marched through the gates of Shanhai Pass and replaced the most ardent of the wall-building dynasties, the Ming, as rulers of China.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Robot sentinels would be more effective... IF they didn't go Terminator on us.

Retired Site "Guide"
    Quote Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
    Can someone tell me what Wall (barrier) in history ever worked?
    48985336_10155889905462011_4192022887034519552_n.jpg

BTW, if you do decide to donate be careful...

https://www.chicksonright.com/youngc...AeU2B0fm8LirPM

LLIA, thanks for a supporting link.
    GFEJ, if it was built with the intent of only stopping suicide bombers, than it is a success.
    But what about all the tunnels I hear about? Constantly finding them and it is unknown what has passed underneath.
    So, would that be called successful?

Others I can think off the top of my head are Hadrian, a person can leap over it.
    Marginot line, bypassed.
    Siegried line, filling bulldozed on top of and crossed.
    Berlin, now in museums across the world.

A few of those barriers, see how history has treated those people (Hitler, Honecker.)

My Huckleberry

Retired Site "Guide"
    Quote Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
    But what about all the tunnels I hear about?
    That's what the UN is for...

https://apnews.com/2c47af73141a47d5b2107085e5b9402b

It's called maintenance. Kinda like I do here. It's a constant vigil.

Israel’s West Bank wall is 440 miles long. How many thousands of miles must our wall be?

And there are heavily armed Israeli soldiers on BOTH sides of that wall.

Lastly, the claim that their wall is responsible for the decline in suicide bombings is false - fake news . Check out this chart.

1D939248-EC9B-41EB-8A3D-53CF284FE476.jpeg

Source: https://electronicintifada.net/blogs...icide-bombings
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast