Thread: Are you funding the Border wall or ladders? THREAD CLOSED BY CK1942

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Nukes are very expensive and dangerous to make, but yes all countries I am sure have the people and materials, and possibly the money to make a nuke if they wanted to.

But in a nutshell why they don’t. 190 countries back in 1970, including the US, Russia, UK, France and China have joined the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT). India, Israel and Pakistan never signed the agreement and North Korea left in 2003. The NPT recognises five states having nuclear weapons - US, Russia, France, UK and China - all of which had tested nuclear weapons before the agreement came into effect.

Under the agreement, these countries should not maintain an arsenal forever. And both the US and Russia have significantly reduced their stock pile.

The treaty prohibits non-recognised states from developing nuclear weapons. South Africa, and former Soviet Union countries Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine have all given up theirs.

So with Iran actively trying to build a Nuclear bomb they are in direct violation of this treaty.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0jfv-uvwF14

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-42873633

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy11 View Post
    Nukes are very expensive and dangerous to make, but yes all countries I am sure have the people and materials, and possibly the money to make a nuke if they wanted to.

But in a nutshell why they don’t. 190 countries back in 1970, including the US, Russia, UK, France and China have joined the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT). India, Israel and Pakistan never signed the agreement and North Korea left in 2003. The NPT recognises five states having nuclear weapons - US, Russia, France, UK and China - all of which had tested nuclear weapons before the agreement came into effect.

Under the agreement, these countries should not maintain an arsenal forever. And both the US and Russia have significantly reduced their stock pile.

The treaty prohibits non-recognised states from developing nuclear weapons. South Africa, and former Soviet Union countries Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine have all given up theirs.

So with Iran actively trying to build a Nuclear bomb they are in direct violation of this treaty.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0jfv-uvwF14

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-42873633
    Thanks so much for that info Goofy11, but I think you left off a country-isn't it a widely know fact that Israel has nukes?

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    Y'all got a pretty good discourse going on here.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I believe it is currently 9 countries with nukes at this time with 5 being recognized on the treaty. Beyond that I would not know why the few others have them. Pretty good guess would be Israel got them for self preservation as for some reason all the countries around them want to wipe them from planet. But that is just a guess.

- - - Updated - - -

It is pretty good...thanks Precious_b

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Nice discussion for a Board like this!

I don't think the TV networks should air Trump's border wall speech tomorrow night. I see it as propaganda. 3 weeks ago Trump was ready to sign a CR.. Until Fox and friends decided he should hold firm for wall funding. Then it suddenly turned into a National Crisis, and we are over run with border folks. the Trump people have only one card to play.. The Joker National crisis card. Anyone with sense can see how this is playing out. The wall might be a good policy, but that ideal is buried under a wall of lies and subterfuge

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

I don't think the TV networks should air Trump's border wall speech tomorrow night. I see it as propaganda. 3 weeks ago Trump was ready to sign a CR.. Until Fox and friends decided he should hold firm for wall funding. Then it suddenly turned into a National Crisis, and we are over run with border folks. the Trump people have only one card to play.. The Joker National crisis card. Anyone with sense can see how this is playing out. The wall might be a good policy, but that ideal is buried under a wall of lies and subterfuge
    Totally agree-tomorrow he's going to say that ISIS, Al-Queada are entering through Mexico and I think the majority of Americans will not buy into his lies. Trump is in a bad position and the longer the government shutdown takes place the worse it is for his administrations because it's affecting people who need their paycheck.
    Also, any one with common sense should know that the wall isn't going to be built over night-it's going to take anywhere between 2.5 to 4 years to fully complete-so by logic wouldn't this be a national crisis for the next 2.5 to 4 years? Give me a break!!!!

BANNED! FAILURE TO RESPECT COMMUNITY RULES!
    Quote Originally Posted by WellEndowed1911 View Post
    Totally agree-tomorrow he's going to say that ISIS, Al-Queada are entering through Mexico and I think the majority of Americans will not buy into his lies. Trump is in a bad position and the longer the government shutdown takes place the worse it is for his administrations because it's affecting people who need their paycheck.
    Also, any one with common sense should know that the wall isn't going to be built over night-it's going to take anywhere between 2.5 to 4 years to fully complete-so by logic wouldn't this be a national crisis for the next 2.5 to 4 years? Give me a break!!!!
    absolutely, WE.. I suspect that same 36%, or whatever of hardcore Trumpists will think there is a crisis, and everyone else will recognize the charade. I actually saw some Republican operative last night, who said the laid off Government employees are vacationing right now, anticipating full back pay once they return to work. oh really? I wish I could put off current expenses indefinitely, hop on a Plane, and go party. your point about the time to build a wall, should be hammered by every Democrat over the next 24 hours, that one metric invalidates the whole speech tomorrow.

I'm sure Fox and MSNBC will air the speech, and the analysis after should be entertaining.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

Is this because you don’t want the American People to hear the truth? He is going to tell you exactly what is happening at the border with facts directly from the border patrol people that work the border day and night 24/7 and DHS. The people doing the job are telling the president and us what they need to perform their job effectively.

And for the love of all that is good...every last Democrat in the Obama years said that illegal immigration is bad for America and that a southern border wall was desperately needed and voted yes to fund and build the wall. All of them! Obama himself, Hillary, Pelosi, Schumer and all the others. You can google and see for yourself that they are saying the exact same thing as president Trump. What in their minds has changed in a few short years?

Here is Chuck!
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/39737...-ryan-saavedra

And you are not really saying Fox and Friends has persuasion over the presidents policy decisions...come on.
    Last edited by Goofy11; 01-07-2019 at 11:46 PM.

Is this because you don’t want the American People to hear the truth? He is going to tell you exactly what is happening at the border with facts directly from the border patrol people that work the border day and night 24/7 and DHS. The people doing the job are telling the president and us what they need to perform their job effectively.

And for the love of all that is good...every last Democrat in the Obama years said that illegal immigration is bad for America and that a southern border wall was desperately needed and voted yes to fund and build the wall. All of them! Obama himself, Hillary, Pelosi, Schumer and all the others. You can google and see for yourself that they are saying the exact same thing as president Trump. What in their minds has changed in a few short years?

Here is Chuck!
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/39737...-ryan-saavedra

And you are not really saying Fox and Friends has persuasion over the presidents policy decisions...come on.
    Goofy11, honestly do you feel your life is in danger because there is no wall? Where is the proof that ISIS, Taliban, or the boogey man is crossing through the border ready to attack America? These tactics don't work anymore- Reminds me during the Bush Era(George W) that every time his poll numbers dipped we would get a tape from Osama Bin Laden claiming he's going to destroy america and than gullible Americans go run and hide in fear of a man living in a cave stating he's going to destroy the most powerful nation on the face of the earth.
    Unless Americans are being killed in huge numbers by illegal immigrants no one is going to believe that this is some danger. The UE rate is 3.5% are there millions of americans who don't have jobs because of illegal immigrants?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, the shutdown is not affecting many if any of them in regards to salary...it is just being delayed. They are all going to get back pay when this concludes. Why not take advantage of a delayed paid vacation? One of the perks of working for the government...you don’t always have to work hard and on occasion get extended paid leave.

Yes it takes time to construct a wall and yes if it stands as currently as is with thousands to tens of thousands illegally crossing our border daily it will be a crises for the next 2-4 years and may take a military presence like we have for the caravan to hold it in check for that long!
    So are you telling me the average government worker is living so confortable that they can go 2 to 3 weeks or longer w/o pay? Most people I know when they go on vacation they like to spend money and actually need money to go on vacation.