Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bike enthusiasts?

Bike enthusiasts?

Started riding a bike about two years ago for some much needed exercise. It was easy at first to come up with an excuse not to ride on any given day. However I pushed through and now I ride 10 to 15 miles every other day depending on whether and time of day. I ride close to home for convenience because of long work days and timing. I don’t have to force myself to get on my bike anymore. It reduces my stress, my energy levels are up, I’m in great shape, and I’m more productive on a daily basis
    I would like to start having some weekend adventures on my bike. If any one knows of any scenic routes that you would like to share I would appreciate it. I ride a street bike, thinking about a mountain bike in the near future if I can find some great places to ride. Thanks!!
    Life is good when someone other then yourself is playing with your wood

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    I have to give it up to the City of SA. Mitch, there are MILES of bike trails around town that are in the green belt SA adopted.
    I've only ridden a couple of them but they are very nice. I use to just get on the bike and go somewhere. With all the construction around town, that is a life or death trip to make now. Use to bike out west to Castroville and beyond but won't do that anymore.

So, load up the bike and make a short trip and you can be at the jump off point to most any bike trail, courtesy of the city.

I'd be interested. Haven't been pedaling for awhile.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Verified Companion Companion DallasRain's Avatar
    Mmmm my sexy beast hubby

Love on a bicycle? Lol

Try..
    https://hamaxusa.com/blog/best-san-antonio-bike-trails/

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Try joining . http://www.sawheelmen.com/

Some dudes are HARD Core riders!!

The link you supplied Dallas wants you to sign up.
    Try this link instead to find the ones listed in yours on a map.

I've done the Leon Creek one from the Ingram Via Park n Ride to 1604/10 (before they had it completed that far.)
    Also the Mission one from downtown to below 410 south and back with a Provider friend. If you do it during sunny weather, bring sun screen since not much shade.

Been wanting to do the one by Starcrest/410 (Tobin trail?) for the longest time.

My Huckleberry

Thanks for the info people. I will definitely use this info for some near future rides. Got to get the holidays over with first. If anyone is interested in joining me let me know.

Dallas you sexy woman, see you in January.
    Life is good when someone other then yourself is playing with your wood

Drop me a PM to let me know where your interested in riding.
    Can only do paved course.

My Huckleberry

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Both OP Schnabel and McAllister have miles of paved and off road. You can launch at blue star brewery and do the mission trail. I think that one is a40 miles round trip. Valero trailhead at 1604 and 10. Very nice ride by Utsa campus. Good scenery! ;)

I've enjoyed these rides from time to time...
    From either of the gas stations at/near 471 & 211 it's 34 mi RT along 471 to Castroville; farm scenery. The turnaround is at Haby's Bakery (ahem).
    On the other hand, Hill Country SNA has some rugged mountain biking options.
    The greenway from Jack White to Southside Lions is nice, as well as McAllister Park south until it peters out around Rittiman.
    Monday evenings there's a fun group ride beginning at La Tuna at Cevallos y Probandt which goes along the RW, Hays St. Bridge, Brackenridge Park, downtown, about 13 mi.

Your Gentle Naughtyman
    48 Okays on P411

44 Complimentary Eccie Reviews: SavannahBeaujolais, LadyV, SonyaPlaymate, SweetSonya, BellaAdaire, Avadoll25, SlaveGuinevere, The Alpha, Dakota123, HW101, LaylaAngelique, SAAngel, MoniqueFarrow, LusciousLeo, Snowkitty, GiaGreekGoddess, ShawnElliot, EllieMae, MzAshley, Asian Layla, NikkiDuran, CG4U, Juicyjezebel69, ButterflyBaby, SAHolly, A.L., Pandora, KrisilyTease, KaitlynKnight, Sasha&Marie, RubyRedd

Quote Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
    Been wanting to do the one by Starcrest/410 (Tobin trail?) for the longest time.
    That is a nice one. I would use it to do my walking exercise when I was getting better with my prosthetic.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Verified Companion Companion AlexandraSand's Avatar
    Between Austin & San Antonio, San Marvelous incall
    I love my bike! That is my obsession! I have suitcases of uniforms, that I get from all over the world, when I travel!
    I only ride in small neighborhoods with slow traffic or closed circuits. I have to regulate my riding, because the muscles on my legs are getting out of control with daily exercising and my pants don't fit...

Bike is the best exercise ever! Well, after swimming. And ping-pong. And ice skating. OMG my legs are jerking!...

In Austin, on MoPack/Slaughter, next to Wildflower Preserve is a Bicycle park, where pedestrians or skateboards are not allowed.
    3.5 miles of double wide paved road with rest stops and one-way driving direction. LOVE IT.

"Driveway Park" in Austin is awesome too, but it is mostly been used for competitions.

I take my bike to Corpus everytime I go there. Riding at the marina is awesome! I love camping on Mustang island and that road that is going to Bird Sanctuary is 14 miles long, flat and super nice to ride on.

Mountain bike is to much for me. And to havy. I like my knees and wanna keep em longer in tackt.
    Your Gorgeous European Seductress
    San Marcos upscale incall with sexy atmosphere. Outcall - maybe- please ask.

1 hour Coffee date 500 2 hour Champagne adventure 900 Introduction and Full Body Sensual Massage L1 250/L2 300
    Pegging 1hr 500 Foot fetish friendly!

No review. Available to Generous Gentleman 45+
    https://preferred411.com/P282315
    Reviews here: https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2512141

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexandraSand View Post
    I love my bike! That is my obsession! I have suitcases of uniforms, that I get from all over the world, when I travel!
    I only ride in small neighborhoods with slow traffic or closed circuits. I have to regulate my riding, because the muscles on my legs are getting out of control with daily exercising and my pants don't fit...

Bike is the best exercise ever! Well, after swimming. And ping-pong. And ice skating. OMG my legs are jerking!...

In Austin, on MoPack/Slaughter, next to Wildflower Preserve is a Bicycle park, where pedestrians or skateboards are not allowed.
    3.5 miles of double wide paved road with rest stops and one-way driving direction. LOVE IT.

"Driveway Park" in Austin is awesome too, but it is mostly been used for competitions.

I take my bike to Corpus everytime I go there. Riding at the marina is awesome! I love camping on Mustang island and that road that is going to Bird Sanctuary is 14 miles long, flat and super nice to ride on.

Mountain bike is to much for me. And to havy. I like my knees and wanna keep em longer in tackt.
    Is Purgatory a good bike ride? I would like to do it, but have no intel.

I have never even walked in Purgatory park. Scary name...

1 hour Coffee date 500 2 hour Champagne adventure 900 Introduction and Full Body Sensual Massage L1 250/L2 300

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    I thought this thread was about riding Harley’s...lol

Y‘all bicyclists have fun.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

I don't have Harley....
    But, I would make nice Bitch Rider.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast