Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone log into Eccie?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Retired Companion

Can anyone log into Eccie?

It keeps saying server not found. I think it may have gone bye bye. But I may be wrong. I dunno.

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Same thread all over the board. Don't you peeps LIKE it here? Chuckle.

Probably a temporary server outage. Has happened a couple of times recently with the E. Damn gremlins!

But thank goodness for THIS site just in case, huh?

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post

Probably a temporary server outage. Has happened a couple of times recently with the E. Damn gremlins!

Fancy, we DO appreciate you and OH2. Thank you!

As for eccie, if it never comes back, good riddance to bad rubbish. But, like back in April, they will probably reappear. I just hope that our companions aren’t compromised badly in the meantime.

I have contact information for all the women I like seeing.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

I tried to tell y’all!

nikkifamme1@gmail.com or p411 hobby # (737) 400-5040
    A

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    That site is dead or on life support. Plan accordingly.

Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Whatever happens, we will adapt. Merry mistletoe muff mischief for all!

Verified Companion Companion Kitty bunny fuck's Avatar
    It's not coming back - word of mouth from a few reliable sources.
    who needs love when you have ******s?
    home of kinky fuckery and " The Magic Pussy Trick
    "The juice that's worth the squeeze"
    "What in the fuckity fuck you could've had a V8!"
    I have the REAL APPLE PIE
    Princess SUGAR Pussy
    ThreAD highjacker
    I'm not for insignificant mama boys, pricks Ball Grabbing Circus Monkey, pud Pounding Shit Goblins, pudwacker, fuckfaced assholes, so gentleman may only apply. I only acknowledge people worthy of my time.
    NO REVIEW POLICY *unless u check w/ me first

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Great.. I thought it was my internet or PC... UGH!!! So how do get verified on here??? Is it the same as ECCIE as in just post reviews??

I can't say with certainty what will happen with Eccie (i'm not affiliated to them) but I have done some quick research and these are my thoughts.

Eccie.net is a domain registered through a Godaddy proxy registar called DomainsByProxy (this was for privacy).

Eccie.net is a domain hosted by WEBAIR.NET.

WEBAIR.NET maintains DNS entries to the Eccie.net server (IP address) on NS.WEBAIR.NET + NS2.WEBAIR.NET.

The IP address pointed to (the IP which is the Eccie server) is: 77.245.52.4.

The server is currently alive and taking ICMP requests. That means you can ping it basically. It's up and running.

The server is hosted on that IP (77.245.52.4) in a WEBAIR data center in Amsterdam/Holland/Netherlands.

The error page (simple "Server Not Found" blank screen) you see is a custom error page that is delivered to the browser by a default Apache web server page.
    What they have done is forbidden access to the websites root directory for that domain name.

They didn't quite do it correctly for the IP address though.
    As a result you can browse to:
    http://77.245.52.4 and you will get an empty directory listing "Index of /" page. They have created a page that does this and just shows and empty directory listing which is smart b/c if they hadn't you would see what was in the home directory and it would be easy to learn a lot more about the site structure.

If you try something like: http://77.245.52.4/home.html
    You get a simple blank page that says, "hi".

This just means there is still a file in the root of the website called "home.html" that has the silly contents of just the word "hi" inside it.
    However, it does mean the web server itself is still up. It's serving http requests.

It's just that all requests to anything under the domain name www.eccie.net are being forbidden (403 error) and you are delivered a custom "Server Not Found" page. This is likely because they are working on fixing something major. Upgrading to a new version of something. Making major site changes. Etc.

That being said it's still possible that the hosting provider is shutting them down b/c they decided not to renew or pay their latest monthly payment.
    The weird part is why would the web server still be running then? That's so odd...extremely so. And why would the DNS entries still be current on NS and NS2? Also, why would the host provider not simply shut the server down? It's definitely not down b/c like I said you can do the above requests and it responds. You can also ping 77.245.52.4.
    We'll see what happens........

-MG

Quote Originally Posted by mathguy View Post
    I can't say with certainty what will happen with Eccie (i'm not affiliated to them) but I have done some quick research and these are my thoughts.

Eccie.net is a domain registered through a Godaddy proxy registar called DomainsByProxy (this was for privacy).

WEBAIR.NET maintains DNS entries to the Eccie.net server (IP address) on NS.WEBAIR.NET + NS2.WEBAIR.NET.

The server is currently alive and taking ICMP requests. That means you can ping it basically. It's up and running.

The server is hosted on that IP (77.245.52.4) in a WEBAIR data center in Amsterdam/Holland/Netherlands.

The error page (simple "Server Not Found" blank screen) you see is a custom error page that is delivered to the browser by a default Apache web server page.
    What they have done is forbidden access to the websites root directory for that domain name.

http://77.245.52.4 and you will get an empty directory listing "Index of /" page. They have created a page that does this and just shows and empty directory listing which is smart b/c if they hadn't you would see what was in the home directory and it would be easy to learn a lot more about the site structure.

This just means there is still a file in the root of the website called "home.html" that has the silly contents of just the word "hi" inside it.
    However, it does mean the web server itself is still up. It's serving http requests.

It's just that all requests to anything under the domain name www.eccie.net are being forbidden (403 error) and you are delivered a custom "Server Not Found" page. This is likely because they are working on fixing something major. Upgrading to a new version of something. Making major site changes. Etc.

That being said it's still possible that the hosting provider is shutting them down b/c they decided not to renew or pay their latest monthly payment.
    The weird part is why would the web server still be running then? That's so odd...extremely so. And why would the DNS entries still be current on NS and NS2? Also, why would the host provider not simply shut the server down? It's definitely not down b/c like I said you can do the above requests and it responds. You can also ping 77.245.52.4.

-MG
    Hmmm... that is worrisome.

Verified Companion Companion britttany_love's Avatar
    Just like many of us have said other sites have shut down out of fear of sesta/fosta for Janurary. Eccie has bailed on us before back in April of course they will do it again.

I would make sure you have all the contact info you are going to need .

Verified Hobbyist BCD Butch Cassidy's Avatar

-MG
    Hopefully they're developing an algorithm that automatically identifies PIMPS and blocks their access.
    ijs

I don't have any definite answers, but I have three guesses on some of the things you question.

Keeping the DNS entries current is important if the host wants to be able to bring ECCIE back with a flip of a switch (like if they didn't pay, or there's some Dutch court decision/warrant pending). DNS entries take time to propagate throughout the world.

I'm less confident about my second guess, which is regarding the server being up. What if it's a multi-homed, shared server? In other words, the hardware is still running because there are other websites being hosted on the same hardware. I have a server at home that has two IP addresses, which allows me to do some cool things. I know they can do a lot more in a NOC.

And all the cute pages and stuff might just be SOP for them. They replace the customer's files with a standard set of files that shows that there's nothing wrong with their hardware/software and that they've intentionally taken a customer's website offline for some reason.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post

I’d like this site a lot better if the admins would fix the banned IP address issues for TOR browser and VPN.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast