Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone log into Eccie?

Retired Companion

Can anyone log into Eccie?

It keeps saying server not found. I think it may have gone bye bye. But I may be wrong. I dunno.

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Same thread all over the board. Don't you peeps LIKE it here? Chuckle.

Probably a temporary server outage. Has happened a couple of times recently with the E. Damn gremlins!

But thank goodness for THIS site just in case, huh?

Might just be normal maintenance. I think they're working regaining their former prominence.
    Have you ever considered that the "Writing on the Wall" might be a forgery?

Every time I read a review I keep waiting for Paul Harvey to say, "And now.. the Rest Of The Story."
    I am NOT a White Knight, just a bleached bastard.
    My gallery album gets updated occasionally.

I do NOT share any pics I've taken without an "OK" from the model!

It's likely maintenance or an issue at the European datacenter. This is common particularly with offshore colo facilities or VPS solutions.

The domain eccie.net was registered with godaddy (not smart btw, but it was back in the day when it was less concerning, still not a great idea even then though), however, the name server's that point to the hosting solution are ns1 and ns2 webair.net. Webair.net is a hosting solution with data centers in NY and guess where else? Yes, the Netherlands. I would imagine that is where they have the server or VPS solution hosted.

Likely either the European data center that Webair.net uses (which is where Eccie hosts per the whois records) is experiencing issues or they are doing server maintenance or someone simply screwed something up (also not uncommon while trying to make server modifications or site updates).

It's probably not "offline for good". We will have to see. It's possible, yes, that they let their billing lapse (due to this while "new year" craziness) and this is when Webair.net turned off their VPS solution or load balanced colo solution. That's possible but this has happened a lot before too. Sometimes even for an entire day or more. It's one of the downsides of hosting in offshore data centers.
    Last edited by mathguy; 12-15-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Verified Companion Companion TexasSunshine817's Avatar
    eccie is down it is having issues they are working on it and it will be back I have spoken with admin just a little bit ago

Verified Companion Valentina Voluptua's Avatar
    Not to be alarmist, but no one knows what will happen to these sites in the future.

Were I a chap who didn't want my hobbying to be interrupted by a silly thing as the sites going black, I would be quickly gathering contact info for my references and for the ladies that I would like to see in the future such as their Twitter/Switter sites and email addresses.

Might want to take a screenshot of your okays/reviews and handle and get those email addresses from providers previously seen because if the sites go down, we will have no other means of contacting them for a reference.

That said, take down my info: https://twitter.com/ValentinaTexas -Twitter
    https://twitter.com/ValentinaTexas -Switter

https://valentinavoluptua.wixsite.com/mysite -Website

valentinavoluptua@protonmail.com -email

Literally the quickest way to contact/book https://form.jotform.com/81655036484158 Save this and my email if you save anything.

Happy Holidays!
    Muscular Integrity Consultation $180

Former Guests in Good Standing having seen me in the last 4 months-Contact Pamela at valentinavoluptua@protonmail.com 24 hours preferred or at least 3+ hours notice
    New P411 Guests, Please provide at least 3-24 hours notice Two okays within 4 months required https://preferred411.com/P153807
    All Other Guests: https://form.jotform.com/81655036484158 24 hours advanced booking required

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    they may take my eccie, but theyll never take my penis till they pry my cold dead hands off it !

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Hahaha!

What a browser does when you ask for a website, like eccie.net:

1. Checks local PC/tablet domain name cache.

2. If it can't find an IP in it's name cache for that domain/website then it queries the next name server in the chain (out your router gateway through your provider to their name server).

3. If it can't find it on that name server it keeps the process going until it finds a name server that is "authoritative" for that domain and has the record for the domain (which will contain the IP address of the server).

4. Once it finds a name server that can tell it the IP address for that domain it then returns that IP to your browser.

5. Now your browser can try to go to that IP address. This all happens very, very fast (obviously). And most of it is already cached on your PC/tablet or on major name servers where they maintain lists of most domain names.

This process is what every single website lookup goes through. Whether it's msn, yahoo, google, facebook, etc.... They all work exactly like what I described (I left out details but basically using that simple process). That's the purpose of name servers. They maintain a domain name to IP mapping because IP addresses are hard for humans to remember. That's the entire reason that DNS (Domain Name System) was designed and is the primary purpose of "DNS name servers". To maintain a mapping of domains (websites) to the IP's where they are hosted.

Server Not Found is basically a custom "404 page not found" error for their particular Apache web server configuration.

The good news is that means the server is still there. The DNS entries still point to the server and they have at least some custom 404 "server not found" page setup (or the host provider does).

That error you are seeing is not the standard error if a browser can't ultimately find a website or DNS entry. It's a custom Apache or IIS web server configuration page.

What that means is the server is likely just offline for maintenance, down due to data center issues, or someone messed something up badly and they had to take the server down so they could fix it.

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    Thanks for taking the time, to give us technology challenged folks, this ^^^ kind of detailed explanation. Very cool of you MG.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Always my pleasure, Doc Thanks for the compliment

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    I'll be here for your next class on the 7 layers of network protocol.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Quote Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
    I'll be here for your next class on the 7 layers of network protocol.
    Hahaha Sure, I can do one on the OSI model if you like

Retired Companion
    Thanks for all the info! Much gratitude xoxo

Good to know we can rely on this site when Eccie is down :)
    Redundancy in our Hobby.
    What would we do without it?..Back to the stone ages...Green Pages. Lol

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast