Quote Originally Posted by Krystal_RoseBBW View Post
I had a Gent give me three references via PM. All with just phone numbers and no link to their profiles.

One of those, he gave her old handle and not the one she currently uses. - luckily, I knew who he meant.

Only one of the three had her phone number in her profile/sig line. I texted that one and got a reply in a timely manner.

The other two, I PMed. It was quite some time before they replied telling me that they rarely check messages and giving me their numbers for future reference checks.
The numbers they gave did match what he had given me, but it was too late. The wait time between his giving the sparse (and partially incorrect) information and the time that I received replies in the positive for this Gent was so long that, by the time I could "give the green light", he had moved on to more immediately attainable pleasures.

Even though I gave him the "thumbs up" and let him know he is now screened and free to schedule.....I have not heard from him again since. That's $$ lost for me.

And that's the story of the last time I accepted references for screening. LOL
One thing you could possibly do in a situation like this is to PM like you did, then send a text to the given number just saying that you sent a PM. If the number is a correct number, then this might speed things up.