Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is braving the cold to hobby right now?

Verified Companion Companion DallasRain's Avatar
    yea

im stuck in hotel in brenham texas
    its cold snowy icey roads are slush

ughhhhh im ready fr spring lol

i had to cancel my austin and san antonio trips this week...... crazyness,i came down south to get away frm the winter where i live in missoiri!!!
    Texas in late April/early May!!

480-204-5151
    harleydee69@gmail.com

NEW VIDEOS..selling short video clips....I accept paypal or cash app,venmo or CASH

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTxDude View Post
    I experienced the same in my commutes over the past couple of days. I'm from up north originally, I drive a 4WD and I dont act like an idiot with it.

I would never ask anyone to risk their safety for any urges I had.
    My next car will be 4WD with all season tires, the real hazards are the other drivers. I was out to go get groceries and saw a bunch of sliders and speeders putting everybody elses life at risk.
    Though at this time I would definitely go for a walk to see a special lady or two.

Verified Hobbyist BCD casa-nova's Avatar
    Having 4 wheel drive does not help in the ice and the snow and some may say it arguably makes things worse. There are a couple of reasons for this.

Four wheel drive doesn't improve traction
    The most important aspect to consider when driving in the snow is traction - contact between the vehicle (tire) and the road. Having 4WD does not improve the contact between the tire and road because all 4 wheel drive system does is make the wheels turn and spin. 4WD doesn't make any difference to the tread or the surface area of the tire.

Four wheel drive doesn't improve braking
    A vehicle with two wheel drive has the same braking system a 4 wheel drive vehicle does so there is no advantage here. It could also be argued that heavier vehicles are even harder to stop, especially once they've started to slide especially on hills.

Four wheel drive does not improve steering

4wd snow ice.
    There is only the one benefit of an AWD system in snow and ice and that is the ability to get moving in the first place. Four-wheel drive gives the vehicle more power to be able to go from stop to moving in difficult terrains such as mud, sleet, slush, ice and snow. These vehicles also have a better chance of getting you out of trouble. However, it remains to be said that the miscalculated self-confidence of owning a 4WD vehicle is likely to get you into more trouble in the first place when compared with a 2WD vehicle as suggested by the Car Crash Detective (see references).

Why having a 4WD vehicle can make things worse
    The biggest problem with four-wheel drive vehicle in snow and ice is that drivers can become overconfident in their vehicle's ability to drive in such conditions which can lead to making mistakes. The Car Crash Detectives that pro-rata, four-wheel-drive vehicles are more likely to get into an accident in snow and ice than two-wheel drive vehicles. People driving 2WD vehicle do not assume their car is going to magically handle sleet and slush but 4WD owners might.

In adverse weather, it is best to not try and drive at all, however, if you absolutely must then these are some tips, much like what Popular Mechanics claim, any of these tips below are better than 4WD in the snow.

Winter tires
    Tyre chains
    Driving slowly and keep the revs low
    Pump the brakes and not slam on
    Patience
    Last edited by casa-nova; 02-17-2021 at 05:52 PM.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Is this guy serious or is this a joke? I feel like it’s bait, there’s just no way...

Verified Hobbyist BCD peachlover64's Avatar
    Well, I’ve driven my 4wd all over the ice and snow last 3 days with absolutely 0 problems. Now I’ve almost fallen and busted my ass several times getting in and out of my truck.

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dodger View Post
    Punky B had a line in a recent ad about crawling under the covers (https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...ght!!-New-Pics!!) ... also not fair! i love the idea of cuddling under the covers/sheets! it is something i know i can do! (great ad for this ... and other reasons)
    Electricity off and on, no internet, no water, spotty cell service. (First time I have been able to post from my iPad.). Conditions not good in my area. Punky Brewster is definitely one I would brave the elements for. I tried walking to my Jeep this afternoon. Busted my ass and messed up my knee. So......better I wait until the thaw takes place.

I’d settle for a nude FaceTime at this point. LOL. Wondering what that would cost?
    Last edited by risn2theoccasion2; 02-18-2021 at 12:55 AM.
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Hell, I may brave the cold to get a hot shower at this point...never mind sexy times. Anyone providing FS (full shower)? LOL. :-)
    I am here for discussion only, not solicitation of any services.

Drinking water is about to become a new currency

Quote Originally Posted by risn2theoccasion2 View Post
    Electricity off and on, no internet, no water, spotty cell service.
    actually ... i have been lucky. everything (power, water, heat) just fine ... so far. still have cabin fever induced blue balls. but feel like an ass if i complain considering the hardships around me. still ... cuddling under the covers with pb seems like a good idea ...and i'm not referring to peanut butter
    A provider standing in the shadows once said: "I just can't do civvie sex. I'm too fucking spoiled!" (truth)

For ladies who can’t be bothered reading profiles: … old guy … long hair and full beard … not a stud muffin … not every woman’s dream … but polite ... very, very gfe, smooching, cuddling ... more smooching

Verified Hobbyist BCD Eightpack212's Avatar
    (Just wanted to say a small comment)

But y’all crack me up man lol. Like foreal.

SecretE says Hell, “I may brave the cold to get a hot shower at this point...never mind sexy times. Anyone providing FS (full shower)? LOL. :-)” <- I honestly laughed out loud when I read that.

Dodger says “cuddling under the covers with pb seems like a good idea ...and i'm not referring to peanut butter” <- I honestly laughed out loud when I read that too.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikage View Post
    Drinking water is about to become a new currency
    Why? Plenty of it falling from that sky that can be scooped up at the moment
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
    Why? Plenty of it falling from that sky that can be scooped up at the moment
    Just don’t use the yellow snow.
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

LOL looks like road conditions are improving and we can finally get business back and moving again.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikage View Post
    LOL looks like road conditions are improving and we can finally get business back and moving again.
    Things will melt but freeze again Friday night. We aren't out of this yet. Plus you have people like me living in older structures who will be without water well past when the city water is turned back on. I was only half-joking with my first post. Now, it looks like I will be showering at the gym (when it opens back up) for the foreseeable future.

Verified Companion Companion petiteplsr's Avatar

A sexual urge for one session and cuddling during this weather ?

I did go out on Wednesday during a certain time of the day when temperatures were like 30 and above though no snow was falling, nor freezing rain. I checked a very accurate weather app called KXAN Weather App which gives an hourly forecast amongst other things. This app changed as weather conditions to let me know before I went out for the drive that the should be still safe to do so. There is a place to park in my apt complex called a small lot definitely close enough to my apartment (area designed for 4 vehicles only; 8 parking spots in the lot). There was no snow falling and no freezing rain, it was clear 27 degrees and over (pass 32 to 35). I drove 10 to 20 mph though I really knew how to drive well on the ice though I knew where to go where there was not much ice. I got to 2 convenience stores and the post office to get my mail from post office mailbox. I so wished there was a man that was a client that I could have made to him home for a hour or 90 minutes gfe. I could have drove down to Braker & Jollyville area which could have been further though, I was at Braker and Metric (taking backroads). Plus I was dressed so warm w/unique hiking boots !!! I could walk on the ice & snow just took small steps & didn’t slip. I really didn’t know a client whom lived in that area. I spent 2 nights sleeping w/no power and no running water. Although, it would depend on if this person had running hot water to take a shower w/ Large Flashlight because I came from my place which had no running water. I knew no one whom lived along the way & where the cost be quite steep considering for just one session & outcall in this weather. It was Tuesday night and Wednesday I slept w/ no electricity & no water !!
    For when only the best will do

Text me at 210-429-6537 and please include handle when texting; please be prepared to be AsKed to PM
    No BBFS NO MEN Under 25, Greek (my discretion on size) - 2nd or 3rd date request. Check Bio in my profile & 100+ reviews (OH2 & Eccie)
    Due to my petite frame, I cannot see men over 7 3/4 inches in length, I won’t turn u down if u at 7 3/4 inches length, Don’t hesitate unless over 7 3/4 inches in length.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast