Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you ladies and gents see that people aren’t taking this covid serious anymore?

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Austin, San Antonia 2 of top 5 Covid hotspots
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...atch-covid-19/

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera James View Post
    The science experts told us this was coming. We need to listen more closely to experts, and listen less to politicos and others with different agendas. I for one plan to abstain until I can be vaccinated. I am not taking chances with my life, or my wife’s life, no matter how minuscule the risks.

For those of you who are like me, old and married, if you are willing to risk your health and the health of your loved one, just for a fleeting piece of snatch, then you might have a serious addiction problem. Get help. Stay safe.

I empathize and sympathize with the women here whose livelihoods have been disrupted. But there have to be other options until the threat blows over. I wish you all the best.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

I’m noticing more people without masks. Perhaps they feel that as long as servers and clerks are wearing them that the risk is “acceptable”. I wear a mask (N95) when going to the store. However, I don’t pull it up over my nose unless there’s someone in close proximity to me. Like Ellen I don’t like the restricted breathing and it pulls my lower eyelids down and irritates my eyes.

I also have Coldeeze lozenges that I take when in close quarters. I’ve taken these for years whenever I had, or felt like, I had a cold coming on. For me it DID shorten the cold and I’d tell co-workers that I was taking them more to protect THEM. I truly believe that the zinc is killing anything that I might be hosting. Even though I have no symptoms it doesn’t mean that the virus isn’t present and I wouldn’t want to be a “Typhoid Mary”.

Regardless, folks will do whatever makes them feel safe. So far as the “statistics” go I view them with this in mind. “Figures don’t lie, but Liars can figure.” The health care industry seems to be taking every opportunity to blame deaths on the virus. But if your dig deep it’s normally been due to complications in folks who had existing problems. Our “normal flu season” does a good job as well along those same lines.

Let’s hope that a vaccine is found very soon so we can move on until the next pandemic hits.
    Have you ever considered that the "Writing on the Wall" might be a forgery?

Every time I read a review I keep waiting for Paul Harvey to say, "And now.. the Rest Of The Story."
    I am NOT a White Knight, just a bleached bastard.
    My gallery album gets updated occasionally.

I do NOT share any pics I've taken without an "OK" from the model!

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Have decided in the last few days to pull back a bit with these massive increases in cases. It's really getting out of hand.

Saw a provider last week for the first time in ages - one of the best encounters in years - and then promptly came down with a bug (sore throat, cough, fatigue). I seriously don't think it's Covid as it was so soon after and no fever but I definitely got a cold bug. Will be shutting down the encounters for a long while.

What's crazy about the American response is that the gov't has provided all of this unemployment until July 31st to encourage people to stay home and keep the numbers down, then the unemployment runs out and we're going to force people back into the workforce while the virus is at its worse. The American response to this pandemic has been flat out embarrassing.

Verified Companion Companion sweetbabybeth's Avatar
    Viking I agree 100%. Just do what your common sense tells you.agree with flat out embarrassing for all of us representing the United states
    350 hour
    250 half hour
    Longer Engagements Please inquire
    I’m sorry gents.. not newbie friendly.. must be 30 plus to visit with me
    email: sweetbabybeth@gmail.com
    can text anytime at 512 634 6800 if we have connected before.

I only advertise on oh2, p411, and have reviews on Eccie
    Please pm me with your references before contacting me if we have not connected before

Your... SweetBabyBeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking21 View Post
    What's crazy about the American response is that the gov't has provided all of this unemployment until July 31st to encourage people to stay home and keep the numbers down, then the unemployment runs out and we're going to force people back into the workforce while the virus is at its worse. The American response to this pandemic has been flat out embarrassing.
    The TWC is reinstating the search for work requirement on July 6. A day or so ago Greg Abbott told everyone to stay home. There is no consistent message coming from anywhere on the state or federal level. The American and Texas ideals of self-reliance and individualism is counteractive to resolving a global pandemic in a safe and timely manner. I'll put it more bluntly...we're fucked.

Viking, Beth and Ned are all correct. It makes me really sad that there are providers who rely on the hobby as their sole—or close enough to it—source of income right now. Reading a lot of these ads that basically amount to cattle-calls is really harsh. And there couldn't be a worse time to be looking for a job in the RW service industries: catering, waiting tables, bartending. However, the prospects in those industries could be that much worse six months from now. This might drag on for years. Sure seems like things could get worse before they get better.

Registered Male (Not Verified) Seldom_Seen_Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NedFlanders View Post
    The TWC is reinstating the search for work requirement on July 6. A day or so ago Greg Abbott told everyone to stay home. There is no consistent message coming from anywhere on the state or federal level. The American and Texas ideals of self-reliance and individualism is counteractive to resolving a global pandemic in a safe and timely manner. I'll put it more bluntly...we're fucked.
    The government can't fund unemployment forever.
    But if washington really wanted to do something that would actually help they should have put a moratorium on mortgages, both residential and commercial. Tell landlords that they have to pass that on to renters, i.e. no rents collected, and just add the missed payments on to the back end of the mortgage. That would help both businesses and people, but that makes too much sense for those idiots.

Seldom Seen Smith

I wonder how many here have tested for Covid? I've seen some clinics have 15 minute rapid testing now.
    Regardless I think this new wave was started by the mass protesting on both political sides. The health experts said that the protesting wouldn't do much and now we have record cases in many places around the US.

Verified Companion Companion Sue Nami's Avatar
    I was tested 3 weeks ago when the city opened up free testing I went to the old home depot on st johns and 35 and got the nasal swab one. it was easy and no big deal. and negative of course. I'd do it again if I was going out at all. do not be afraid of any discomfort, it was not a big deal painwise, or timewise for that matter. Free testing is available from the city of austin.

Busty, Sexy, Mature and into YOUR pleasure
    FBSM 140 Hh, 200 Hr / FETISH 160Hh, 240Hr

512-784-5951 sue_nami@protonmail.com
    Mon-Wed 10-7pm, Thrs 10-9pm, Fri-Sat 10-4pm (later by appt).
    off Sundays (maybe w/ advance notice)

I'm fully vaccinated, you be too.
    If you're anti-vax, we're not a good match!

due to new permitless carry law> NO GUNS ALLOWED
    READ THIS REVIEW> https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...t=fucking+nami

Quote Originally Posted by Seldom_Seen_Smith View Post
    The government can't fund unemployment forever.
    But if washington really wanted to do something that would actually help they should have put a moratorium on mortgages, both residential and commercial. Tell landlords that they have to pass that on to renters, i.e. no rents collected, and just add the missed payments on to the back end of the mortgage. That would help both businesses and people, but that makes too much sense for those idiots.
    I totally agree with you. For me, the timing to try to return to normalcy is not there yet. The idea of forcing people back out to look for work in this current situation is tone deaf to me, imo. I agree 100% on the rents though, but Washington is completely broken to get anything meaningful done without excessive red tape and loopholes.

Increasingly, it seems like this a really bad time for hobby traveling. It's understandable that providers will feel the need to travel when local action is slow for an extended time... but caution on the part of hobbyists just as important, too.

Newsweek: 1 in 4 Houston Residents Testing Positive for COVID-19 Amid Texas Outbreak
    https://www.newsweek.com/1-4-houston...HBGRDt-L3K9Ug4

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I mean. I think this whole hobby is the opposite of social distancing lol. I'm surprised oh2 hasnt suspended the site by now.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I was working in NYC when it broke wide open in May. Got the fuck out when I could and quarantined myself for 15 days when I got to Austin. I tested myself before and after self quarantine and both test came back negative. I got lucky. I'm avoiding Covid19 like I avoid an STI, cover up!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast