Thread: Negotiating

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    West of Weird in beautiful Dripping Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by Westley View Post
    I disagree. I suggest that a hobby used to generate revenue and profit is a business by default. The only question is will that business be capable of generating an acceptable level of profit for the owner.. Show me a list of providers who do not charge for their services an I will concede that those individuals are true hobbyists.
    Westley, please read my previous post more closely. I was referring to clients, not providers. Clients are not looking to generate revenue or profit. At least I’m not. Generating revenue and profit is the goal of the seller, the provider. So I am with you there. Providers with decent business acumen will probably succeed.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

noxious pest controls applied
    I have yet to meet a provider that would honor my 40% off coupon for services from brake check.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdasterdly View Post
    I have yet to meet a provider that would honor my 40% off coupon for services from brake check.
    LOL! Try this...

https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...eed-a-machanic
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Hobbyist & "Counselor" for new reviewers BCD GeorgeDRII's Avatar
    Me myself, I don't negotiate with any lady. If they say they're available and I don't have enough, I kindly let them know I only have said amount so I can't see them. I'll wait until I have the right amount. Unless they just say ok fine whatever u have. But that's rare because I normally make appointments.

Registered Male (Not Verified) Westley's Avatar
    Third planet from the Sun in a Solar System near the outer edge of the Milky Way.

Accept Buying or Selling?-Still Business!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovinglifeinaustin View Post
    Westley, please read my previous post more closely. I was referring to clients, not providers. Clients are not looking to generate revenue or profit. At least I’m not. Generating revenue and profit is the goal of the seller, the provider. So I am with you there. Providers with decent business acumen will probably succeed.
    It's either the business of selling services or the business of buying services. At any rate it is commerce or business.
    "Love all, Trust few and Do harm to none" - William Shakespeare

I prefer the company of a lady that is "AA" friendly.

Bons Temps Rouler!

Quote Originally Posted by Westley View Post
    It's either the business of selling services or the business of buying services. At any rate it is commerce or business.
    Nope, that’s not the way I hobby.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Registered Male (Not Verified) Westley's Avatar
    Third planet from the Sun in a Solar System near the outer edge of the Milky Way.

Aye Right Then!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovinglifeinaustin View Post
    Nope, that’s not the way I hobby.
    Ok, you got it like that. However, in many cases one is either a seller or buyer unless services are provided "free". Free usually means sufficient Goodwill has been generated to cover costs, someone else is paying or one has deferred payment. Moreover, when one initiates a contract for services one usually generates revenue. Just saying.
    Last edited by Westley; 11-17-2019 at 11:54 PM.
    "Love all, Trust few and Do harm to none" - William Shakespeare

I prefer the company of a lady that is "AA" friendly.

Bons Temps Rouler!