<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CaptainMidnight @ Mar 26 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This guy suggests that, when in doubt, one should follow the money -- not the rhetoric:

http://money.cnn.com/2009/03/25/news/econo...sion=2009032609[/b]
I always laugh when I read about buying &#39;toxic assets&#39;. How can an asset be toxic, if it&#39;s really an asset?

Education is at the top of my list of priorities and should be for our country. I was glad to hear that the govt is putting more money into the Pell Grant program, which was the only way I could afford college when I was 19(only a few years ago ;) ). It&#39;s a great program and definitely a necessity these days for those who can&#39;t afford college. Of course now my tuition/book costs are much higher, but I&#39;m also getting a more advanced education.

Last night on CNN, they were talking about Obama&#39;s townhall meeting where a lady was asking if U.S companies could bring back outsourced jobs for our own unemployed citizens. While this is not likely to happen, it does bring up the idea of improving our own education system so that those who are unemployed can learn a new trade and hopefully increase their salary and job opportunities. I learned in my economics classes that outsourcing the lower paying jobs allows companies to create higher paying positions. Technology, as an input into the GDP, is also supposed to help create better jobs. I&#39;ve not seen this happen, and don&#39;t think this theory is realistic. There are not enough programs to help those losing their jobs to improve their education and qualify for the better jobs.