Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: A.I.G. Bonuses Strike a Nerve

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sisyphus @ Mar 25 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    NOW... I&#39;m laughing!!!! God BLESS you, sir!, for working in an O&#39;Henry reference today!!!! :D[/b]
    I prefer Twain and his main man the Huckster.

But now you have me humming War&#39;s Cisco Kid

"The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
    He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine. . .

. . .The outlaws had us pinned down at the fort
    Cisco came in blastin&#39;, drinkin&#39; port. . .--------------I love that line!

. . .They rode the sunset, horse was made of steel
    Chased a gringo last night through a field?

Captain, caliente caliente caliente. . .

I leave for a few days and all hell breaks loose. . .

Does anyone remember that document our country is founded on? I am as pissed as anyone, but the house just passed a legislature that is very dangerous.

For all the damn lawyers that are also politicians, you would think one of them would remember their first damn year in law school.

Bill of Attainder?

Ex Post Facto
    ?

Find another way to act like you are doing something about AIG, but don&#39;t shit on the constitution in the process!
    There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable.
    - Mark Twain

Click here to explore a few forbidden things!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WTF @ Mar 25 2009, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I prefer Twain and his main man the Huckster.[/b]
    Where&#39;ve you been? &#39;Tis verbooten now.... it&#39;s got *sshhh* THAT word in it....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WTF @ Mar 25 2009, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    But now you have me humming War&#39;s Cisco Kid

"The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
    He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine. . .

. . .The outlaws had us pinned down at the fort
    Cisco came in blastin&#39;, drinkin&#39; port. . .--------------I love that line!

. . .They rode the sunset, horse was made of steel
    Chased a gringo last night through a field?[/b]
    What a coinkidink... "Summer" & "All Day Music" have been in heavy rotation on the radio station in my head all week...
    I could just *kiss* your promiscuous mind

I don't keep a lot of secrets
    The ones I do will die with me
    It's not because I'm hiding something
    A trusted friend I try to be

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anonone @ Mar 25 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I leave for a few days and all hell breaks loose. . .

Does anyone remember that document our country is founded on? I am as pissed as anyone, but the house just passed a legislature that is very dangerous.

For all the damn lawyers that are also politicians, you would think one of them would remember their first damn year in law school.

Bill of Attainder?

Ex Post Facto
    ?

Find another way to act like you are doing something about AIG, but don&#39;t shit on the constitution in the process![/b]
    I would hope that those educated on these shores encountered those concepts without having to attend law school. We went over it in high school civics once upon a time...

Perhaps, THAT&#39;s the problem!!! There certainly seem to be far too many these days who can&#39;t tell their

"post hoc.."

from their

"...ergo propter hoc."
    I could just *kiss* your promiscuous mind

I don't keep a lot of secrets
    The ones I do will die with me
    It's not because I'm hiding something
    A trusted friend I try to be

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    This guy suggests that, when in doubt, one should follow the money -- not the rhetoric:

http://money.cnn.com/2009/03/25/news/econo...sion=2009032609

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CaptainMidnight @ Mar 26 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    This guy suggests that, when in doubt, one should follow the money -- not the rhetoric:

http://money.cnn.com/2009/03/25/news/econo...sion=2009032609[/b]
    I always laugh when I read about buying &#39;toxic assets&#39;. How can an asset be toxic, if it&#39;s really an asset?

Education is at the top of my list of priorities and should be for our country. I was glad to hear that the govt is putting more money into the Pell Grant program, which was the only way I could afford college when I was 19(only a few years ago ;) ). It&#39;s a great program and definitely a necessity these days for those who can&#39;t afford college. Of course now my tuition/book costs are much higher, but I&#39;m also getting a more advanced education.

Last night on CNN, they were talking about Obama&#39;s townhall meeting where a lady was asking if U.S companies could bring back outsourced jobs for our own unemployed citizens. While this is not likely to happen, it does bring up the idea of improving our own education system so that those who are unemployed can learn a new trade and hopefully increase their salary and job opportunities. I learned in my economics classes that outsourcing the lower paying jobs allows companies to create higher paying positions. Technology, as an input into the GDP, is also supposed to help create better jobs. I&#39;ve not seen this happen, and don&#39;t think this theory is realistic. There are not enough programs to help those losing their jobs to improve their education and qualify for the better jobs.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8