<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TexTushHog @ Mar 23 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Let&#39;s see a show of hands. Has a single person here had their taxes raised yet? I didn&#39;t think so.[/b]

Did anyone who posted here actually say that his taxes had been raised yet?

I didn&#39;t think so.

Grandpa simply noted in the little story posted by the thread starter that he believes his tax burden will soon rise. Pretty reasonable assumption, don&#39;t you think?

It&#39;s amazing that some people actually believe taxes will only increase for those whose incomes exceed $250K/yr. Have they not heard of the current cap-and-trade proposals? But even those won&#39;t be enough. Next up will likely be a European-style VAT. That is a tax structure that really does collect a lot of revenue (it is, in large measure, the way Europeans finance their lavish welfare states).

I thought it would be a long time before we saw a president more profligate than the big-spending George W. Bush, or a congress more reckless and irresponsible than the DeLay-led congress of a few years ago, but it now looks like we may have both.

Somebody&#39;s going to have to pay for all this largesse. Most of the burden will be borne by the middle class, not the "wealthy."