Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More women going from jobless to topless

Aggieland - But here and there also, ASPD Member since 2000
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gneissguy @ Mar 23 2009, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Reminds me of a coworker of mine saying he didn&#39;t enjoy going to strip clubs. He felt bad because of the moral issue that the ladies are doing something they didn&#39;t really want to do just because of the money. I told him that was true for the waitresses at the fancy restaurant, the checkers at the grocery store, and for him and me at our jobs.

How many people would be doing what they do for a living if they didn&#39;t get paid or didn&#39;t need the money?[/b]
    First of all seems that some of you were missing the point what I believe Camille was expressing and exactly what I was expressing..

Making money at a job that you love and enjoy....

I can&#39;t imagine ever working in an environment where I was not enjoying what I did for a living, and I can&#39;t see anyone really feeling successful unless they have both. My opinion only. No matter what some think...there are options.

Still Looking Around
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woody of TX @ Mar 23 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Making money at a job that you love and enjoy....

I can&#39;t imagine ever working in an environment where I was not enjoying what I did for a living, and I can&#39;t see anyone really feeling successful unless they have both. My opinion only. No matter what some think...there are options.[/b]
    There are aspects of everyone&#39;s job they hate, as well as those they love (hopefully). I think it&#39;s all about the ratio of each. I know I&#39;ve shared what I do here with a select few people outside this little world over the years and while the information is occasionally greeted with a hearty "Cool!", it is usually met with shock and horror at how I must feel so.... prostituted! Funny thing is that I&#39;ve never felt more free, more in control of my own destiny, more fulfilled financially and emotionally (yes, there is an aspect to this that is emotionally fulfilling albeit on a different level than civilian relationships) and more appreciated and valued as a person (99.9% of the time). My last corporate job was way more demeaning and resulted in feeling "prostituted" almost daily. I could go back to the corporate world and keep trying on different companies .... but why? THIS is the option that works best for me.

I&#39;m sure some ladies do not enjoy the same positive feelings I have for what I do. If it&#39;s a lack of marketable skills or a lack of civilian opportunities that "forces" them into this line of business out of sheer financial necessity, I make up that their experience of all this would be quite different than mine and I truly feel sad for them.

Hopefully, the increased applications of strip clubs is more about ladies being open to finding what suits them best (possibly "helped along" by a tough economy) rather than a compromise of principles forced on them by the state of things.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edrienne Cole @ Mar 24 2009, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    There are aspects of everyone&#39;s job they hate, as well as those they love (hopefully). I think it&#39;s all about the ratio of each.[/b]
    I&#39;ve long thought it was actually an equation... one I actually used in a resignation letter a long, LONG time ago. Hopefully, the copyright still holds...

When,

(Total Compensation + Satisfaction) < (Costs + Aggravation)

Then it&#39;s time to go do something else!
    I could just *kiss* your promiscuous mind

I don't keep a lot of secrets
    The ones I do will die with me
    It's not because I'm hiding something
    A trusted friend I try to be

People who are happy and fulfilled with what they do for a living; invariably, turn out to be the best at what they do! That is why I seek the "happy, upbeat, playful" girls in this hobby over the purely physical "Hottie of the Week". Don&#39;t get me wrong... I certainly seek what pleases me on a physical level too... but the Hottie of the Week w/ the shitty attitude gets passed over every time!!

How many women have stumbled upon the adult entertainment industry almost by accident... whether it be out of desperation or not.... and then find "Damn... I should have been in this line of work, 20 yrs sooner.... I love it... it makes me feel good about myself... and I&#39;m damned good at it"?

Giz
    ​Life is Tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid!

Aggieland - But here and there also, ASPD Member since 2000
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MrGiz @ Mar 24 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    ... but the Hottie of the Week w/ the shitty attitude gets passed over every time!!
    Giz
    [/b]
    Off topic but...

Giz So true..........but at times I have this problem with the little head....he justs want a good "Trash Fu..k", you know, one of those "wham bam thank you ma" ordeals....what&#39;s bad about that is ...the little sucker is in charge at that moment. LOL

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Edrienne Cole @ Mar 24 2009, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    There are aspects of everyone&#39;s job they hate, as well as those they love (hopefully). I think it&#39;s all about the ratio of each.[/b]
    Holy rainwater, I agree with your entire post. A linear well written piece. I tip my hat to you.

Still Looking Around
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MrGiz @ Mar 24 2009, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    How many women have stumbled upon the adult entertainment industry almost by accident... whether it be out of desperation or not.... and then find "Damn... I should have been in this line of work, 20 yrs sooner.... I love it... it makes me feel good about myself... and I&#39;m damned good at it"?[/b]
    I giggled at this because while the official reason my contract was cancelled from my last corporate gig was that the position was being eliminated (yeah right, how often did that really happen to the largest employer in the US in 2003?), the unofficial reason was that I wouldn&#39;t sleep with various department heads. So blatant was the unofficial reason that for months afterward water cooler conversation circled about which female would be targeted by the BoD for sexual harrassment/coersion and eventual termination if she failed to comply. (Incidentally, one such targeted female actually married a director more than 30 years her senior. She played the game much better than I, I must admit.) I met my first client about 5 months later. That whole "If only" conversation works regarding "If only I&#39;d actually slept with my bosses, I&#39;d still be working there and locked into a lifetime of job security" as well as "If only I&#39;d realized I had this much fun doing this, I&#39;d have started YEARS ago!".

I once heard it stated, outside our world and half in jest, that there fundamentally are only two reasons why any of us do anything--love and money. Adult entertainment would be no different. However, it&#39;s surely the case that most of us have been raised in a moral climate that condemns this sort of work, all the more so for women. So to be comfortable and to find enjoyment and satisfaction one has to discard widely taught moral conventions in ways most of us wouldn&#39;t have to do if the occupation were osmething else. That isn&#39;t easy to do for many people. And there&#39;s the legality issue. So you&#39;d would expect that hard economic times would drive folks into things that they might not undertake otherwise.

But I&#39;m struck again by how one-dimensional the public stereotypes are about people in this world, again most particularly women.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2