"If there's nothing false or overly-rudely stated.... AND.... the girls cannot post reply commentary, anyway.... what's the use of the info being hidden? If a guy wants to go off on a rant about a particular girl, and suspend any and all tact in doing so..."

Mr. Giz,

Just to remind you, I had a so/so review about a provider about 7-8 months ago. There was nothing bad in the review but it wasn't a ringing endorsement. I even admitted that I did not know why it wasn't as good as most people would expect (she has great reviews everywhere). I not only recommended her but also said that I needed a second visit to see if it was an off day on either of our accounts. The e-mails and PM's after somebody shared that review with her was ridiculous. I was accused of anything from costing her business to outright being an asshole. And that was where I had a mildly (but not overly) positive review.

Now tell me how this will work if there wasn't BCD; If I ever have a bad experience, I can do two things; a) say nothing to anyone ,B) tell the truth and deal with the backlash. Needless to say, most of us would choose the option (a) in fear of being outed or having to deal with the drama. At that point, we can all kiss the board good-bye as a forum to honestly share information.

Don't get me wrong, I believe all communication should be in a respectable manner but I just don't want to deal with people who might come after me for something they perceive different than I intended.

HH