Thread: Ever have a moment when it just didnt feel right?

hey guys, well i was one just starting to spread my wings over at the main site before things went bad but im glad to be over here with everyone while we wait, but i had an experience recently that i wanted to share

so recently i was going through CL but not in the normal section but just kinda cruising around. and found an ad for a girl who was available since she had the "day off" from work and needed some extra cash and was willing to pay back the favor with some fun. so i bit and just breifly emailed her, not expecting anything to come of it like they usually do but this one came back and it kinda surprised me at first. she emailed me back with when she would be available and three pics of a really gorgeous girl, kinda had the punk rock thing going, long red hair, tattoos in decent places and some nice pics. so i started to reply but then i looked at the email address. it wasnt like a personal address like marysmith@(domain name here).com but she was listed as funandfriendly@(domain name here).com. so i thought that was kinda weird but i thought maybe she had an alt address for her security, wanting to keep lives seperate i can understand that. so i told her id like to see her, but this was last night and i didnt hear from her so i figured she was either fake or lost interest so i didnt think about it

i got home today and checked my email and found an email from her saying she was available and in the email gave me the menu and the amounts for each. so my spidey sense started tingling cause from what i understand. thats a no-no. but i thought ok maybe shes just new or doing this as a one time thing. so i respond back, she gave me her number i texted her for address info and all that, and i head out to see her, but im still just not feeling good about it. i want to, dont get me wrong shes looks sexy as ever but i just had this nervousness and this wasnt my first rodeo so its not like my first time hobbying. so i go to get funds out of the local ATM at the gas station and the ATM is broken, ooookkkk, so i head down the street to a CVS and put my card in the ATM and the machine freezes. im pushing every button i can think of and its not working. so after fighting with this machine and shes texting asking where i am, i start to get kinda suspicious. now what i mean by that is, i dont know if any of you here believe in God, Karma, Fate, or whatever but the fact that TWO atms didnt work for me while trying to get funds for this encounter was like a sign to me.

so i bailed. i texted her back and let her know that i wasnt able to get funds out for the moment and maybe we could meet up for another time and she just responded with a brief "k" through text message. so with LE and everything else out there i kinda view it as either a good sign that im not in a bad position right now with LE or thugs or whatever may have been waiting behind that door. OR i just chickened out of a really good time but i do have peace of mind right now and probably will just stick to this lovely site for my good times. thanks for reading if you made it this far and if anyone else has experiences feel free to share!

Good story. Always trust your instincts.

I guess if I was LE, I would play the percentages. Put the ad in the normal section where there is more of a perp audience. Use a picture girl without many tattoos, since some guys don't like that (whereas all guys like a hot girl without tatts). Don't discuss services/rates in an email, which is harder to use as evidence, but rather in a phone call, recording your voice. But the possibility of the waiting thugs is always there.
    The four food groups: DFK, DATY, BBBJ, CFS.

Erring on the side of caution is always a safe bet. In the future you might suggest a "no obligation" meet and greet over some drinks. If she's willing to meet, you then have the opportinity to check her out and see if you have a satisfactory level of comfort. It's not foolproof, just an idea.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prig1 @ Mar 4 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Erring on the side of caution is always a safe bet. In the future you might suggest a "no obligation" meet and greet over some drinks. If she&#39;s willing to meet, you then have the opportinity to check her out and see if you have a satisfactory level of comfort. It&#39;s not foolproof, just an idea.[/b]
    Hi mustang610,

I&#39;m glad to see you posted...maybe you can post the link of the lady and the guys can let you know if she is good to go or not! But I&#39;m sure you started seeing the warning signs...or the writing on the wall..sort of speak...I hope you have been doing okay...and it sounds like you are on your way to being a well informed hobbiest!.... :D You&#39;re a great guy.... I would hate to see something traumatic happen to you...we need a lot more gentlemen like yourself and it would really bother me if you got scared off!

Keep in touch!

Sincerely,
    Vevlet

Mustang,
    Always trust your instincts and Mojo detector. It is best to wait - so you can play another day.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    mustang,
    I know how that is as well, when things just don&#39;t feel right your 2nd sense is a good feeling to rely upon. Comfort level has alot to do with enjoyment of the hobby and if things aren&#39;t comfortable your experience may not be as good as you&#39;d like. I for one usually let my 2nd sense tell me if it feels right or not, though I have in the past ignored it but knock on wood I faired well. . If it seems to good to be true it most likely isn&#39;t. Good Luck and glad you came away with a learning experience of the right kind!

Maxx
    "It's all in how you treat the lady as to the response you get!!"

Like everyone else, I&#39;d say that the Prime Directive in the hobby is and ought to be "Err on the side of caution." (Look at all the trouble Kirk & Company got into by systematically ignorring it in episode after episode.) That said, I remember that my Spider Sense went off during telephone contacts to set up a first meeting with a Provider Who Shall Not Be Named. Nothing blatant, I just wondered whether we&#39;d be personally compatible. Well, turned out we hit it off, I&#39;ve returned repeatedly, and she&#39;s in my top three ATFs. So, security is one thing, compatibility another.

My $.02. (Doesn&#39;t seem like a lot, but roughly 30% of the current value of my portfolio.)

Registered Male (Not Verified) rippinup's Avatar
    I&#39;m certainly no legal eagle, but if she were LE, wouldn&#39;t the fact that she sent a menu listing prices and offerings negate an offense? Doesn&#39;t the john need to solicit, and mention acts in exchange for money in order to have a successful prosecution? Anyone out there with a law background know the legalities on this?

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Like any other web-based data base, CL can be very searchable if done carefully.... use the existing data and see if and when she&#39;s posted before.

Modify the data a bit to try to cover all the nearby bases.

Also, try Googling the data and see what might pop up, cause ya never know.

If the phone/email has been out there for months at a time, likely it might not be a scam or LE since those types tend not to continually use the same access points for too long. Operative word being "tend" and the other operative being that stuff on CL may not be around more than a month or so. BP stuff does last a bit longer. Google obviously is closer to forever.

LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - POSTPONED - NEW DATE TBA
    San Antonio - cancelled- new dates TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Still Looking Around
    I myself had been venturing on CL when ASPD was down & before I came to this site
    Although I did find one gem on there, it was in the casual encounters section
    I even picked her up from her motel just to cruise & talk for awhile
    Once I felt safe and comfortable with the lady, we went straight back to her room
    And when we got there, I had the most amazing time with her...she was GREAT!
    But when I tried contacting her a couple days later...poof her # changed
    Just like that, she was outta my life. What a shame too, Cuz she could&#39;ve been the one

To me, if they&#39;re not down for a meet & greet...just move along

Verified Hobbyist BCD SofaKingFun's Avatar
    I LOVE it when my spidey senses tingle!

Makes me horny! :huh:

But usually before I go off and do something really stOOpid, that little dude who rides on my right-shoulder slaps the hell out of the back of my head and makes me re-thinck the situation...I usually heed the warning... and he&#39;ll keep hitting me if I don&#39;t. :(

Anyway, I&#39;m sure that violent little bastard has cost me a TON of good times. Then again, he&#39;s probably kept me out of even more trouble so I&#39;ve learned to simply heed his warnings and err on the side of caution. It sux, I know...
    {sighs}

But believe this, me and the other dude who rides on my other shoulder and I are plotting against him...it&#39;s just a matter of time.

Oh, back to the point I was trying to make.

&#39;Stang, you&#39;re safe, you&#39;re home, and you&#39;ve still got thousands and thousands of ATMs to try. Heh!

Something caused the alarms to sound-off. So count your blessings and keep telling yourself that you did the right thing.

There&#39;s no telling which direction this little venture could have taken, nor how badly it could have been.

(although if it was me this happened to, the guy on the other shoulder would be calling me a Big F-ing P*ssy for chickening-out. LOL! :P ).

Just messing w/ya&#39;. You done good, kid!