Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Am I the only one that thinks this board/format is a hell of a lot better than original ASPD?

Registered Female (Not Verified)
    I like the fact that it is much more secure. No ads at the top. You have to be a member to see any of the posts. No lurkers!!!!! For me, it is much easier to navigate!
    "It's been so long since I've had sex, I've forgotten who ties up whom" -Joan Rivers

"Is sex dirty?? Only if it's done right!"

CK had excellent advice on reviews.

Post the basics that all eyes can see in the review section and then post the more interesting or sensitive details in the locker room area that only BCD members can view as an extension post. This should keep everyone safe, but still help folks compare notes, make decisions and consider exploring options.

They have been thinking about making a BCD command script if the down time lasts longer than expected, but hopefully all will be well soon.
    There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable.
    - Mark Twain

Click here to explore a few forbidden things!

It may be that providers may not be posting as frequently as before is because they may have been anticipating a quick return of the main board. In the last few days, I have noticed an increase of provider ads being posted in several forums, primarily the Texas forums. I believe that as the main board remains down, there will be more and more providers and hobbyists signing up and posting on this board. As far as navagation is concerned, there were positives and negatives with both the ASPD format and this format, but hopefully the restored board will incorporate the best of both.
    "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (txsacker @ Feb 19 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I think the 2 sites should supplement each other. On ASPD we can continue have the reviews with BCD, and the ladies can use it for advertising to the more "general" members. (those who do not check ASPD mutliple times daily like us)

And this site can be a VIP lounge of sorts. Those who are social vouched and BCD access etc... I think the people who are on here are the more social members of ASPD anyway. So this can be our secret hide away. And we can bring others into the fold if/when we trust them.

My humble opinion......[/b]

Yippee, I finally got into the VIP lounge. I think I can die happy. Or should I remember
    Groucho Marx&#39;s admonition that he never wanted to join a club that would have him as a member?

Awl4knot

Provider (at aspd)
    Both is up & running at present time for how long?

Provider (at aspd)
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Texas Passion @ Feb 24 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Both is up & running at present time for how long?[/b]
    BTW: Just advertizesment & links

Registered Male (Not Verified) RALPHEY BOY's Avatar
    i like it, it has kept me away from the board so I can re-focus on what is more important to me.....

Verified Companion Companion Andrea's Avatar
    I prefer this format but I also understand the need for advertisements to pay the bills. If this board could place the same ads....

Andrea Moorehead
    I'm a trifecta...cute, smart AND funny! :D

For what it&#39;s worth I like this format much better. And yes the profiles (especially when they are filled out a little) are more helpful w/less searching. I personally would like to see all the ads in/under a sponsors button. This would continue a clean look, be very helpful and cut down on scrolling for everyone. Including those who use smaller devices to view the site. Just my 2 cents.
    **No New Reviews Please**
    "Trying to show people things is often like trying to teach Fire Ants to carry away grass burrs. It's cool and productive if you can pull it off." Jess Stone
    "If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." -Aristotle Onassis

One thing I like is that the "new post" indicator does not go away until you have actually viewed the post.

On aspd, if you get part way through and have to leave, when you come back the indicators are gone, and you have to guess by approximate time whether there were any new posts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2