Thread: OBAMA ADDRESSES THE SYCOPHANTS

"By April 1, 2009 every American family will have a tax cut that will show up in their paychecks every week--enough to buy at least three bags of Dorito's per month!

There will be a tuition credit of $2,500.00--that should about cover pens, pencils and notebooks for the four years--maybe even a few books!

The money you have deposited in savings accounts is safe--the Federal Insurance is sound and secure, you will only get about .43% interest, but that money will be there!

We have a plan to help the poor fool down the street that bought a bigger house than you, even though he can't pay for it, and knew he couldn't pay for it, make his payments with our help--because after all he voted for me and you, the frugal guy that lives within his means, well we know you didn't vote for me.

I know that we shouldn't help the banks out, but, hey they have me over a barrel and they know it. This isn't about helping banks executives spend tax payer money on drapes or jets, they fund most of that out of usury interest rates and ATM fees that you guys give them willingly. No this is to socialize the banks--it worked for Germany, didn't it?

This document is not a laundry list is it a vision. . .a blueprint for. . .well more long term debt, but I can only be in office for 8 years so it will be some other president's problem when the bill is due!

Energy, Healthcare, and Education. . .I really don't have anything profound to say, i just know those are buzz words that will get you people to stand and cheer again, besides, Pelosi is back there reading her program instead of listening to me, and I want to keep her on her toes."

BLAH. . .BLAH. . .BLAH. . .Transform. . .BLAH. . .Renew. . .Blah-Blah. . .Hope. . .Blah-BLAH-Blah. . .America!"

There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable.
    - Mark Twain

Click here to explore a few forbidden things!

ho hum

still thinking what we did until now worked?

I'm not sure where the notion came from that either what passes for liberalism or conservatism in this country has an effective answer for what ails us. At this point, it seems tantamount to asking me if I'd like to jump off the left side of the skyscraper or the right side of the skyscraper.

Either way, I'm toast when I hit the ground... :huh:
    I could just *kiss* your promiscuous mind

I don't keep a lot of secrets
    The ones I do will die with me
    It's not because I'm hiding something
    A trusted friend I try to be

Verified Hobbyist BCD Slowhanz57's Avatar
    "They" say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

Vote Libertarian. The best government is less government.

For every dollar in taxes sent to the federal level, you get back only forty cents in benefit. The best idea is to enact programs and spend money at the lowest level possible, thus avoiding *obscene* amounts of administrative overhead and waste at the federal level. The federal government doesn't 'give' anyone anything, since they don't produce their own income. They *take* it from someone to 'give' it to someone else. There's no such thing as 'free' money. Somebody earned it, or will have to pay for it later, via inflation.

Declare a 'season' on lobbyists, with no bag limit. Stop accepting that politicians need to be so, full time. The founding fathers had real jobs away from Congress. They went to Washington to take care of the business that was necessary, then went home to their real jobs. When you leave those people in town all the time, they think up schyet to pass, find excuses to be there, create power games to boost their self-importance and influence, and lose touch with 'the real world' that the rest of us live in, in the bargain.

Why does it cost $750 million to get elected president? The truth is, it doesn't, or shouldn't, anyway. People that donated that money didn't do so without strings. They want something for their money, and they're going to get it, even if it ultimately screws John Q. Public. Follow the money. That's who will get their way, and effectively run the country.

Explain to stockholders about the inbred nature of corporate Boards of Directors deciding on each other's salaries. How is it that the same company that lays off 13,000 employees to make cuts still pays the top guy six million a year in salary? A rising tide should 'raise all boats,' and a falling tide should lower *all* boats. Explain to those stockholders that forcing companies to take short-term goals to provide them with their seventy-two cents per share gain every year might not be conducive to the long-term health of the company; i.e., don't strangle the golden goose slowly.

Hoist George Soros on a pike, or run him outta the friggin' country! He wants to make the very system that made him a billionaire unavailable to the rest of us.

Pass laws that protect us from each other, but quit tryin' to protect us from ourselves. We all reserve the individual right to do st00pid schyet and pay the consequences. Realize that sometimes, schyet happens, and no one is necessarily at fault or responsible, least of all the entity that happens to have the deepest pockets.

It's all 'bread and circuses' now. We're fukt! The only question is how long before this country takes its last counter-clockwise spin down the toilet. I figure 2050. Thank god I'll be dead and gone before the SHTF.

Regards,
    According to the multiverse theory there exists an alternate universe where I have the body of a Greek god, I'm filthy rich, have a magnetic personality, and women adore me for more than an hour at a time. I must find that universe, go there, kill that guy and take his place.

Verified Companion AlexisSoftTouch's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anonone @ Feb 24 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    "By April 1, 2009 every American family will have a tax cut that will show up in their paychecks every week--enough to buy at least three bags of Dorito&#39;s per month!

There will be a tuition credit of $2,500.00--that should about cover pens, pencils and notebooks for the four years--maybe even a few books!

The money you have deposited in savings accounts is safe--the Federal Insurance is sound and secure, you will only get about .43% interest, but that money will be there!

We have a plan to help the poor fool down the street that bought a bigger house than you, even though he can&#39;t pay for it, and knew he couldn&#39;t pay for it, make his payments with our help--because after all he voted for me and you, the frugal guy that lives within his means, well we know you didn&#39;t vote for me.

I know that we shouldn&#39;t help the banks out, but, hey they have me over a barrel and they know it. This isn&#39;t about helping banks executives spend tax payer money on drapes or jets, they fund most of that out of usury interest rates and ATM fees that you guys give them willingly. No this is to socialize the banks--it worked for Germany, didn&#39;t it?

This document is not a laundry list is it a vision. . .a blueprint for. . .well more long term debt, but I can only be in office for 8 years so it will be some other president&#39;s problem when the bill is due!

Energy, Healthcare, and Education. . .I really don&#39;t have anything profound to say, i just know those are buzz words that will get you people to stand and cheer again, besides, Pelosi is back there reading her program instead of listening to me, and I want to keep her on her toes."

BLAH. . .BLAH. . .BLAH. . .Transform. . .BLAH. . .Renew. . .Blah-Blah. . .Hope. . .Blah-BLAH-Blah. . .America!"

[/b]
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    I know that we shouldn&#39;t help the banks out, but, hey they have me over a barrel and they know it. This isn&#39;t about helping banks executives spend tax payer money on drapes or jets, they fund most of that out of usury interest rates and ATM fees that you guys give them willingly. No this is to socialize the banks--it worked for Germany, didn&#39;t it?[/b]
    Scary huh. Yeah and what is up with the debit card, ATM fees, .. Thank gosh I spend within my means and I pay cash for everything. Also,, I save all receipts. Yep the tax you pay can be write offs! Oh and don&#39;t forget to add your losses during Ike. I heard today that money which was delegated for fixing homes due to Ike in Houston, is NOW going to help folks in Houston to pay off their credit card debt. :angry:

This document is not a laundry list is it a vision. . .a blueprint for. . .well more long term debt, but I can only be in office for 8 years so it will be some other president&#39;s problem when the bill is due![/b]
    No crap, lets see if he makes it through the first 4 years.. He might have already shot himself in the foot over the next 4 years... Oh and good Lord, he is aready and still is campagining. Thank gosh he took Clinton&#39;s advice and stopped the doom and gloom. ;)

i just know those are buzz words that will get you people to stand and cheer again, besides, Pelosi is back there reading her program instead of listening to me, and I want to keep her on her toes."[/b]
    OMG,, TFF.. I noticed that, but I also noticed she was not blinking as much as she did when Bush was in office. Must be she is not blinking as much now that she can afford the botox shots, huh?? Thank gosh she made it home in time from her Italy tour to meet the Pope and did not miss the Presidental Address... So much for reforming those Catholic Girls, huh?
    Full Body Sensual Massage & Tantra in Houston

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...t4x6banner.gif

Check out my Yahoo Groups!
    Are you a Massage Enthusiast or interested in the sacred art of Tantra? Meet others of like mind and interest.
    http://www.alexissofttouchlmt.com/Yahoo-Groups.html

281 793 3089 9am - 6pm CST TEXT

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Slowhanz57 @ Feb 25 2009, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Explain to stockholders about the inbred nature of corporate Boards of Directors deciding on each other&#39;s salaries. How is it that the same company that lays off 13,000 employees to make cuts still pays the top guy six million a year in salary?[/b]
    Name a CEO other than Rupert Murdock* who makes a $6 million salary. The biggest I could find was the guy running Citi at $4.5million who now makes $1 per year. Next after that was the CEO of GE at $3.3 million. In fact the median salary of CEO&#39;s for the 200 some largest companies (over $15 billion in revenue with a median of $27B) was $1.2 million.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pjorourke @ Feb 25 2009, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Name a CEO other than Rupert Murdock* who makes a $6 million salary.[/b]

That is a slight of hand pj. The jest of what slowhanz57 was saying was that the incestuous relationship between board members and CEO&#39;s has encouraged the short term outlook with huge stock option payouts at long term company expense.

They in fact should be just salaried or tied to a long term stock increase.

Verified Companion Companion Ansley Ayers's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WTF @ Feb 25 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    They in fact should be just salaried or tied to a long term stock increase.[/b]
    Yea there is some incentive for some of those guys to get up out of bed to go to work... not.
    <span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">~Ansley~</span>
    There is a fine line between having a good time and being a wanton slut. I know. My toe has been on that line.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WTF @ Feb 25 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    That is a slight of hand pj. The jest of what slowhanz57 was saying was that the incestuous relationship between board members and CEO&#39;s has encouraged the short term outlook with huge stock option payouts at long term company expense.

They in fact should be just salaried or tied to a long term stock increase.[/b]
    That is even more nonsensical than your usual drivel!

Why should they be just salaried? What would that accomplish, except to increase costs. I&#39;m not sure how you think huge stock option payouts (whatever those are*) encourages short term thinking, but I agree that classic old stock options are not the be all and end of of executive pay.

* You do realize that exercising a stock option involves the executive writing a check don&#39;t you?

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pjorourke @ Feb 25 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    That is even more nonsensical than your usual drivel!

Why should they be just salaried? What would that accomplish, except to increase costs. I&#39;m not sure how you think huge stock option payouts (whatever those are*) encourages short term thinking, but I agree that classic old stock options are not the be all and end of of executive pay.

* You do realize that exercising a stock option involves the executive writing a check don&#39;t you?[/b]
    Excuse me , I meant to say bonus pay.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ansley Ayers @ Feb 25 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Yea there is some incentive for some of those guys to get up out of bed to go to work... not.[/b]
    A million dollar SALARY is no incentive to go to work?

He needs a bonus incentive?.....

Check out this cat

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miam...ry/904842.html

&#39;&#39;I saw that if the president doesn&#39;t come to work, it&#39;s not a big deal,&#39;&#39; he said. ``But if the tellers don&#39;t show up, it&#39;s a serious problem.&#39;&#39;

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/A...ory/919394.html

Leonard Abess Jr., the Miami banker who quietly gave $60 million of his own money to his loyal staff of 399 current and 72 former workers, plans this evening to be watching President Barack Obama&#39;s speech to a joint session of Congress from first lady Michelle Obama&#39;s box.

Geneva Lawson, a 51-year employee at City National Bank of Florida, will also join the first lady for the speech. Lawson, the safe-deposit custodian at the Miami Beach branch, is among the 471 staffers and former staffers who were stunned by their boss&#39; largess.

Abess, 60, gave the hefty bonus last November after selling a majority stake in City National Bancshares and made no effort to attract public attention to his generosity. His story became public this month after he mentioned it offhandedly in an interview with The Miami Herald.

&#39;&#39;Those people who joined me and stayed with me at the bank with no promise of equity -- I always thought some day I&#39;m going to surprise them,&#39;&#39; he said. ``I sure as heck don&#39;t need [the money].&#39;&#39;

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WTF @ Feb 25 2009, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Leonard Abess Jr., the Miami banker who quietly gave $60 million. . .[/b]
    Interesting choice to replace Joe the Plumber!
    There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable.
    - Mark Twain

Click here to explore a few forbidden things!