Quote Originally Posted by gimme_that View Post
I gave my opinion. I stand by it. Anything else contrived from that is a far reach. Had nothing to do with business, just preferences for said business.

Mathguy do you care to comment specifically on what you don’t mind giving up info wise to a lady you personally want to see screening? Because that would give us more perspective. Anything else is safe innuendo and fluffy words of grandeur. Respectively.
gimme_that, I'm not totally sure what you mean. I was only saying based on the quick skim along wirh what women were saying it appeared you were suggesting "proper ways" of them conducting business.

I think when you said "contrived" you meant to say "deduced", "ascertained", or "imagined"? Contrived typically means flimsy or weak in substance (it's also not really used as a verb; rather it's an adjective).

In any case I wasn't trying to pick on you. I was giving you some honest advice. As for the question about what I believe is acceptable screening information to request? I'm not sure it's terribly relevant to what we were discussing.

It's up to each person to decide for themselves. The hobbyist decides what he is comfortable with and a provider decides what she is comfortable with in order to feel safe. The golden rule there is both people should show empathy for the other person, but the bottom line as a hobbyist is still that if you are not comfortable giving her what she wants then you should move on, and do it politely. You should both be polite to each other in all circumstances.

I will say this. I do think people, hobbyists and providers, generally speaking, are a tad more worried than they should be about sharing various screening info, pics, other data, addresses, etc... The only somewhat seriously valid concern for guys is with a marriage or very involved relationship or family situation to worry about. Otherwise there isn't much either party can do with the data. The guy will be blackballed if he does. The girl is at even more risk b/c if she does something deleterious then her livelihood and business are likely ruined. Who is going to do that? Even if they got super pissed? It's just not going to happen 99.9% of the time. The main worry for guys would be if they are married or romantically involved and hence they are "cheating". The girl could go-to the horses mouth so to speak but that would ruin her once it becomes known too.

There is built-in protection from both sides b/c if you are shot in the back the shot party essentially gets an automatic free shot to the back of the party who fired first. Who would engage in western style standoffs if it always meant both parties die (by definition)?