Quote Originally Posted by KaiHTX View Post
Yeah they told her at the office that they didn’t even need her employment prove. They just were doing a background check. She has no convictions except for minor traffic tickets like no proof of insurance from like 2004 I think she said, LOL. I kind of made fun of her and tell her oh yeah you’re definitely going to get denied for that LOL. But what she was arrested for was a felony. However, when she went to probable cause court, the judge basically looked at her and said I don’t even know why you’re here. There’s no probable cause for you to be arrested you’re free to go.
What was the arrest for btw? My main concern would be that you have clarified now that it was a felony arrest. I can virtually assure you, just as Doc said above (when he corrected someone), unless it was expunged the arrest record, and thus, the charge (which is a felony as your report?), would be visible. Felonies are the easiest records to find or come back on background checks.

I would still advise not mentioning it as I usually friends anyway in all but a few small cases. You only hurt yourself to admit it. It's not illegal to not admit or even to "lie". Lying is not "fraud" in a prosecutable sense unless you are under oath or breaking a state or federal law; housing & job applications are not legal documents covered under statute.

Lying on a credit application or financial loan document such as a mortgage or car loan *is* a type of financial fraud and can be prosecuted and/or fined. However, I'd even tell most people not to worry about those except for mortgage and very large loans. They aren't going to do anything even in those cases (which are technically financial fraud) in 99+% of cases.

I've even done it for a mortgage. Though I wouldn't advise anyone to do that (!). One of my companies downsized like 11yrs ago and I was 2wks out from closing. I had no choice. I wouldn't pass underwriting without my last couple paychecks and everyone having been let go in Austin. I had just had kids and was set to move, had been building the home for 8mos. Couldn't let that happen. So me and a good buddy who ran another business setup a high level fake employment contract for his company (very similar to my other position), I got him to setup an employer payment account (similar to ADP), had a relative deposit $12K in his account, he issues me a formal paycheck through the employer payment service by depositing the $12K, so I could show my final month of 2 week paychecks under my "new employment" . The loan closed even though it was a "new job" (fake). Never an issue. Sold the home in my divorce about 5yrs ago.