Most of us know providers do not want to receive a “hey baby“ or “you available?” We understand providers want a more thorough and professional approach, however, we would appreciate more too.

I have written many such greetings only to receive in response: A cut and paste list of rates and services or *crickets*

There have been several providers thank me for my interest, ask for some clarification of my interest, had a specific reference policy they wanted me to follow, Etc—All professional but none generated any level of excitement for the session. Providers come on strong in their advertisements but come across very cold in their communication, thus my interest often wanes after receiving such curt responses to my warm greeting.

If you find yourself reading this and thinking “I don’t have time to respond to everyone in a personalized, seductive manner,“ step outside of yourself for a moment and try and see this objectively: providers are asking for something they are unwilling to give themselves.

This critique goes both ways: Men, we must understand that while this is a transaction, it is not a vending machine. Entice your providers with a cogent, polite, and thorough introduction. Providers, be true to the image you project in all your communication.