Thread: Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Gator Trout is a speckled trout 28inch or longer. These are the big boys that people aim to catch for tournaments

Registered Female (Not Verified) Companion Dorthy Monroe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frankocean187 View Post
    Gator Trout is a speckled trout 28inch or longer. These are the big boys that people aim to catch for tournaments
    Damn that's big I'm going to have to Google this I've never heard that term before or better yet seen one that big..

I guess they're more common in Florida from what I read..
    Last edited by Dorthy Monroe; 06-20-2018 at 01:33 PM.
    Im Not Available Until Further Notice

If You Contact Me & Mention Rates Or Activities You Will Be Put On My DNS List Forever!
    *If I’ve Never Seen You GFE*
    30 - 150 * 60 - 200 * 90 - 300

Only Fans: https://onlyfans.com/dorthymonroe

Trump 2024

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Rollover Pass with mirrolure tt-28 for the gator trouts!!! just cast into the pass and walk the dog!! best bite in Texas when you trick those fish to bite a plastic

https://www.crystalbeachlocalnews.com/t-28/

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Yeah, I've never heard the term 'Gator Trout' either - I've always heard then referred to as trophy trout or 'wall hangers'.

As for the water clarity thoughts - I should rephrase - it is indeed a rare event when surf water in Galveston is perfectly clear. Best luck I've had on trout is when the water is at least marginally green. If wind is out of the southwest, I stay home.

A65
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll have another beer!

Registered Female (Not Verified) Companion Dorthy Monroe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Astros1965 View Post
    Yeah, I've never heard the term 'Gator Trout' either - I've always heard then referred to as trophy trout or 'wall hangers'.

As for the water clarity thoughts - I should rephrase - it is indeed a rare event when surf water in Galveston is perfectly clear. Best luck I've had on trout is when the water is at least marginally green. If wind is out of the southwest, I stay home.

A65
    You're probably referring to the water when They're aren't alot of waves which doesn't stir up all the mud.. But from my experience that's the days you don't catch nothing I don't even try anymore if the waves are minimal..

I've never caught trout or flounder Probably because I don't have enough patience..
    Im Not Available Until Further Notice

If You Contact Me & Mention Rates Or Activities You Will Be Put On My DNS List Forever!
    *If I’ve Never Seen You GFE*
    30 - 150 * 60 - 200 * 90 - 300

Only Fans: https://onlyfans.com/dorthymonroe

Trump 2024

Retired Site "Guide"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorthy Monroe View Post
    Lures are to much work in my opinion lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorthy Monroe View Post
    I've never caught trout or flounder Probably because I don't have enough patience..
    That's probably because you've never fished the Fall flounder run. Once you do I guarantee you'll be down at the Academy worm bar buying every color tout tail they have. A friend and I limited out on flounder in one afternoon one time fishing the docks between the Yacht Basin and the ferry landing across from Seawolf Park at Galveston Island. It was fast and furious.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    San Luis Pass is great for the flounder run, i use mud minnows and free line them. Wait on the tap tap tap and watch the line start coming off the reel and then set the hook, bam you're hooked up! The plastics that work best for me are the red flounder pounders with the white tail. Slow drag them on the bottom and waiton the tap and let them run with it before you set the hook.