Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Eccie Mods are too damned funny

Registered Male (Not Verified) DEAR _JOHN's Avatar
    Well, well, well. For the very first time in 25 years using a hobby forum, I've been banned from a hobby site. What did I do, call someone an asshole or something like that? No, it was 5 instances of posting off topic.It's inherent that each individual thread, be it there, here, facebook, car forums, gun forums can get off topic or move off topic easily. Let's see, we start with a topic of chevy sucks, then ford is mentioned, then we move away from chevy and start discussing ford, then the thread takes another direction and it goes to automatic transmissions vs manual transmissions. Most of my posts were reactive (somebody may reply off topic to me, then I would reply back and it would be off topic), but a few were proactive. I was warned on several occasions through PM's just what kind of moderator biomed is, and every PM sent to me about him was correct. None of us are above getting points, but IMHO the points need to be justified and not singling out any one member for points when others get away with posting the same word. But this isn't why I joined the banned group. Lastly, I can't retrieve my PM's, so I have no idea what the last infraction was for. I can't skim through my postings to see the ones where the red icon is showing an infraction. All I can say is that they're in the political forum.
    Last edited by DEAR _JOHN; Today at 10:26 AM.

Current avatar=Kandy Kane

Verified Hobbyist BCD Bigwill832's Avatar
    Houston and wherever my wanderlust takes me
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAR _JOHN View Post
    Well, well, well. For the very first time in 25 years using a hobby forum, I've been banned from a hobby site. What did I do, call someone an asshole or something like that? No, it was 5 instances of posting off topic.It's inherent that each individual thread, be it there, here, facebook, car forums, gun forums can get off topic or move off topic easily. Let's see, we start with a topic of chevy sucks, then ford is mentioned, then we move away from chevy and start discussing ford, then the thread takes another direction and it goes to automatic transmissions vs manual transmissions. Most of my posts were reactive (somebody may reply off topic to me, then I would reply back and it would be off topic), but a few were proactive. I was warned on several occasions through PM's just what kind of moderator biomed is, and every PM sent to me about him was correct. None of us are above getting points, but IMHO the points need to be justified and not singling out any one member for points when others get away with posting the same word. But this isn't why I joined the banned group. Lastly, I can't retrieve my PM's, so I have no idea what the last infraction was for. I can't skim through my postings to see the ones where the red icon is showing an infraction. All I can say is that they're in the political forum.
    It was Dr Epg for me. I think he was jealous that I'm with my booty bear.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4