Thread: Web Browser

Registered Male (Not Verified) 6ATX9's Avatar

Web Browser

I’m sure this probably has been talked about ever since this site has been having web issues, but I’m too lazy to go back and look. Which browser is the best browser to use now? I keep getting kicked off after only a few clicks or I’ll get some 500 internal service error. It took my like 5 tries just to post this thread.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    You are correct. Site issues have been discussed many times in multiple forums.

Many people like Puffin because the free version does not verify TLS certificates.

Registered Male (Not Verified) 6ATX9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saustin View Post
    You are correct. Site issues have been discussed many times in multiple forums.

Many people like Puffin because the free version does not verify TLS certificates.
    The Puffin free version is giving me the same issue as far as:

Certification Error
    You attempted to reach
    home.ourhome2.net, but the server presented a not trusted certificate. You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Anandaman's Avatar
    I use Safari with only a few problems.

I suggest to:

- When you are having significant problems, log all the way out of your device and log back in.

- Use a VPN that is set to a domestic city (you can try alternating not using a VPN). I like using a VPN because it's "safer". I like no VPN because it's faster performance only limited by the speed of the Internet that I'm using.

- Login to OH2 and check the "remember me" box. Once logged in, don't logout.

- Be ready for some glitches and error messages. When I type anything long I select it and do a copy. If it goes away when I submit, it's still there on the clipboard to paste back in.

- A "404" error is different than a "502". A "502" is more harmless/annoying. Do the copy approach and use the back button to get around. A "404" error has me actually logging out and back in, or changing my VPN setting, etc.

- CK mentions to mark these website addresses as safe in his latest update:

https://home.ourhome2.net/announcement.php?f=75

- CK previously suggested that when you click a button, hold it down a moment... or, click it with more of a firm click with a slight hold.... it seems to help for some reason...

I have other suggestions depending on what the issues are.... OH2 does not run perfect for me, but isn't too bad overall with the measure I mention above.

A'Man
    Last edited by Anandaman; 10-22-2022 at 11:11 AM.

Registered Male (Not Verified) Seldom_Seen_Smith's Avatar
    I use mozilla's firefox. It usually gives me a warning because of the certificate issues, seriously how hard is it to update the certificate?, but then it gives me the option
    to accept the risk. When I do it takes me to the login page and the site usually runs normally after that. Occasionally another warning will come up when browsing but
    I either go back to the original page or hit the 'accept the risk' button and get to the page I'm wanting to get to.

Seldom Seen Smith