Thread: Great article on internet security

Registered Male (Not Verified)

Great article on internet security

https://protonmail.com/blog/best-browser-for-privacy/

Basically, if you are using any Google product (Android phone, GMail, Google Voice, Chrome / Chromebook, etc.) nothing is private, all communications are scanned for their content and then sold to the highest bidder - just like FaceBarf.

Stay safe, ya'll!

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    Yup. I use Google and know that would be true with the tremendous data mining they do.
    If you're online, you are exposed.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Yep, they are all doing it. Some just more than others.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Verified Companion Companion Champagne Brown's Avatar
    ^^This..

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    When I try to log onto this site using a VPN, it tells me my IP address has been banned. Why is that?

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Quote Originally Posted by Oilman Sam View Post
    When I try to log onto this site using a VPN, it tells me my IP address has been banned. Why is that?
    Yes, recent persistent scamming attempts (with some resulting in threads with really outstanding photography, and demanding $$$ cash advances) crop up from time immemorial. Our host has a system that blocks many IPs associated with hackers and management does much the same spammers, jammers, hackers and worse. We also research reliable data bases to identify and block spammers, most of which are overseas, of course. Sometimes, merely setting your browser to "hide my IP" routes the data via one of many foreign servers and if our system has any of those blocked, well. Turnback message is what you will usually get.

If you are one of many who have asked Support for assistance, this is our standard reply:

Sorry for the issues.

If your IP shows banned or blocked, likely you are using a TOR, VPN, proxy or hidden IP in your browser and those and many foreign based IPs are blocked due to spammers and jammers associated with those IPs.
    Use a clear cell or ISP signal to avoid the IP issues.
    Happy Hobbying!

= = = =

As much good info the proton article contains, it doesn't discuss (or reveal or remind) that your internet providers (broadband, outside wi-fi, cell phone, etc.lity) also have the ability to track much of your internet traffic. And, they for sure know when you are using a VPN, etc. What they may or may not do with that data is usually unknown.

ijs
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - POSTPONED - NEW DATE TBA
    San Antonio - Tuesday, June 4

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Verified Hobbyist BCD

It's for sale

Quote Originally Posted by ck1942 View Post

..your internet providers (broadband, outside wi-fi, cell phone, etc.lity) also have the ability to track much of your internet traffic. And, they for sure know when you are using a VPN, etc. What they may or may not do with that data is usually unknown.
    ISPs may legally sell records of traffic through their network. The law requires that the history be "anonymized" as minimal privacy for customers but the limited requirements of what is considered an "anonymized" block of network traffic history is very simply processed to identify content related to an individual.

This has been legal since the Obama years.

Here's a talk where some German researchers (PDF) founded a fake company and purchased browser data from American companies to evaluate the problem of finding information related to specific users. Video is here. (165MB).

Maybe a bit dry, and several years old... but still a freaky demonstration.

Verified Hobbyist BCD YeahThatsMe99's Avatar
    The higher quality VPN's are not blocked. I use Mullvad and most of their servers are not blocked here. Only the cheap and free services seam to be blocked. And that makes sense. I'm thinking about trying the Mozilla VPN as well for some extra security.
    My Pin Up Photos of Various Ladies I've Seen, You're Welcome.
    https://yeahthatsme99.imgbb.com/

Ladies, if you want photos just ask.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    Well, some of the young'uns could join the old USAFSS outfit and get access to the Locks Room.
    Plenty of surfing could be done there without fear of being found.
    Except by your boss
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry