Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Any thoughts on the 2020 C8 Corvette?

Do you still have your WIN button? Whip inflation now. Ford was a klutz in more ways than one. lol

Merry xmas

Registered Male (Not Verified) DEAR _JOHN's Avatar
    My new baby girl is nice and safe out in the garage. Just brought her home this week.

Current avatar=Kandy Kane

Verified Hobbyist BCD Magna_Cum_Laude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAR _JOHN View Post
    My new baby girl is nice and safe out in the garage. Just brought her home this week.
    Smooth delivery w/no issues, then?

I take it you were able to unload the hellcat? Probably at a much higher price than when this thread was started, I would imagine.

MCL
    "Skin it back, Jack. Let the smooth side groove and the rough side drag."

Quote Originally Posted by Magna_Cum_Laude View Post
    Smooth delivery w/no issues, then?

I take it you were able to unload the hellcat? Probably at a much higher price than when this thread was started, I would imagine.

MCL

No issues at all. The man at the out of state dealership walked me through everything and all I had to do is get insurance and the car was inspected by the courtesy dealer out here in town. Then take the paperwork to the local tax office along with a check for the taxes. All the courtesy dealer did was prep the car, put on some dealer installs and collect their $500 check. Actually I got rid of the Hellcat a couple of months too soon, because nobody really saw the lack of new or used vehicles on the market.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I have a 2021 2Lt c8 fully loaded with z51/front lift/mag ride etc. I’ve had it since July and have put 2200 miles on it. I couldn’t be happier with the purchase. I know this post is a little late but how are you enjoying it?

Quote Originally Posted by Htown23 View Post
    I have a 2021 2Lt c8 fully loaded with z51/front lift/mag ride etc. I’ve had it since July and have put 2200 miles on it. I couldn’t be happier with the purchase. I know this post is a little late but how are you enjoying it?

It's doing fine. Due to the chinese virus, she's just been sitting there and not on the road very much. I don't even have 500 miles on her yet, maybe one day I can take her for a quick run to Lake Charles to shoot some craps.

It's doing fine. Due to the chinese virus, she's just been sitting there and not on the road very much. I don't even have 500 miles on her yet, maybe one day I can take her for a quick run to Lake Charles to shoot some craps.
    Or, meet me for a bucket of wings and an ice cold beer ??? :-)
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, but few understand." - Leo Ernest Durocher

Quote Originally Posted by bbkid View Post
    Or, meet me for a bucket of wings and an ice cold beer ??? :-)
    Sounds great after this batch of covid has passed. I need to get out for awhile and this would be a perfect time.

Thanks MCL for letting me know about this C8 ZR1. 1064 hp, pricing not announced, but I'm guessing around $200,000 with a market adjustment of (my guess only) another $200,000. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8qxydWjn4s

Thanks MCL for letting me know about this C8 ZR1. 1064 hp, pricing not announced, but I'm guessing around $200,000 with a market adjustment of (my guess only) another $200,000. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8qxydWjn4s
    We probably won't know pricing for awhile. The 2025 production year will be limited (similar to previous releases). 2026 full year. I really hope the ADM isn't anywhere near that figure, but since the performance car industry was just turned on its head, anything could happen.

You want to hear mind-boggling? Tadge (the lead engineer of the Corvette who's retiring Wednesday after 47 years with the company) said the following in the release video: "So much volume goes through the turbochargers and out the tailpipes. That volume could drain an olympic size swimming pool in just 4 minutes." Let that play through your mind for a minute or two.

I'm baffled that they were able to keep a lid on the HP/torque numbers until the announcement. In the CF, there are probably 10-12 different threads with pretty knowledgeable cats predicting 800-850 and maybe 900 hp. Not even close.

The big question floating around now: What about the Zora? It's supposed to be the ZR1 + an electric motor powering front wheels (the proposed analogy - Stingray:Eray as ZR1:Zora). Anybody's guess.

One thing's for certain. The engineering crews for Ferrari, Bugatti, Lamborghini, etc. are bricking one!
    Last edited by Magna_Cum_Laude; 07-29-2024 at 12:08 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Bigwill832's Avatar
    Houston and wherever my wanderlust takes me
    Those are pretty cool. However, I'd love to see the old body styles brought back. Call me nostalgic, but I just like that the older body styles were very original.

MCL, hey ole buddy, I haven't really searched Corvette Forums lately. Are they still doing market adjustment on the Stingray and Stingray Z51, are they still doing market adjustment on the E-ray?

I had zero problems with ordering my C8 Z51 at MSRP from MacMulkin in New Hampshire and having it delivered to Monument Chevrolet on 225 and BW8. The only glitch, and a minor one is that the really didn't clean the car as well as they should've at Monument. But the paperwork went smoothly and from what I remember all I had to do was pay some taxes at the county courthouse.

MCL, hey ole buddy, I haven't really searched Corvette Forums lately. Are they still doing market adjustment on the Stingray and Stingray Z51, are they still doing market adjustment on the E-ray?

I had zero problems with ordering my C8 Z51 at MSRP from MacMulkin in New Hampshire and having it delivered to Monument Chevrolet on 225 and BW8. The only glitch, and a minor one is that the really didn't clean the car as well as they should've at Monument. But the paperwork went smoothly and from what I remember all I had to do was pay some taxes at the county courthouse.

I don't think they are, DJ. I spend most of my time in the Z06/Eray forum, but there are several threads describing how C8 Stingray prices have been dropping for a few months now and many dealers are selling below MSRP. Over 120,000 C8s are on the road now.

Erays haven't been out that long, but clearly have ADM. I just saw the first one on Autotrader for 159K.

MacMulkin still seems to be the place to order from what I gather. That dedicated thread has almost 6,000 replies.

Hope you're enjoying your C8. She's a beaute!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3