Quote Originally Posted by JohnCherry View Post
Providers:

What are your opinions about meeting with a prospective hobbyist for a meal? Say he/she buys you lunch at a restaurant, and that time is used to converse and get a read on each other?

Would you feel safe in that situation? Would this kind of interaction answer your concerns, at least enough for screening purposes?
I like the idea but there will be providers who would want to be paid for the time spent getting to know one another. Ffireman who was the very first person from Oh2 that I met ( he introduced me to this site and vouched for me) offered that very idea to me and for me that sealed the deal. He was willing to do whatever to make me comfortable. I would never ask for job information or and if I have ever asked for pic of someone's ID it was a last ditch effort to verify but always ask that all pertinent info be blacked out including last name ( if outcall, I ask for a piece of mail in person's name with any pertinent info blacked out) but this is rarely asked for because I believe compromise is best. I am still very aware of my surroundings and use every app and database I can to verify someone. But your intuition is always your best tool. If any provider gets a gnawing feeling that they shouldn't see someone, then she shouldn't see them. Hobbyists will have to accept and respect their decision if they don't want to screen the way that provider wants. I just feel sometimes it's a bit overkill and takes all the fun out of it all. So I try to make it seem effortless for the hobbyist because it just doesn't need to be so damn dramatic as all that.