Quote Originally Posted by tbone2u View Post
Brooke.....you can probably pick up a used tire at any motorcycle shop free. They are a pain in the ass for them to get rid of. Depending on the tire size, you will need the slats of wood to fit a little snug. More than likely you will need to cut the wood down go size or get someone to cut it for you. I would probably use black drywall screws and go thru the tire and into the end of wood slat. I would also pre drill the holes. Yhe heads will probably suck down below the surface of the tire.
The hardest part will be maintaining equal spacing of the slats. Lots of ways to keep them straight
I went to home depo & was completely overwhelmed. I know I sound dramatic, but I was almost crying. I really wish I was more talented with projects & wood working so I could build/create a lot of the projects my son asks for. I just really don't have a creative eye or any carpentry skills. I'm so unskilled I actually have to pay people to put together Ikea furniture when I buy it :-(

This must be how my mom felt when I would ask her to braid my hair as a child. She used to get so upset that she could not braid it as I liked. I understand now.

I was hoping to handmake this for sentimental value, but it looks like I'm just going to hire one of the gents that PMed me.

Speaking of stuff I wish I could do ... this is amazing. What a great place to hid a gun/cash/gold.

drawer.jpg