I have only had to cancel one time. I was on my way and received a call that I was needed because of a health emergency, immediate family member. Called the provider. apologized … we rescheduled. It was great. But I have been lucky. Shit happens … to everyone.

If a guy cancels or NCNS … the provider may lose money. Possibly not but she may have lost a booking opportunity. A very real hard dollar loss. Up to the provider but if she requested a cancellation fee … I don’t think she is being unreasonable. If the wants to pass or reschedule … that is up to her. It’s her business after all. But I would be prepared to work something out.

If a provider cancels or ncns a guy … usually guys are not out money. It can happen. Guy might have gotten a room … bought refreshments. Not typical but it could happen. He can try to replace the lady … but if he is out money … should the provider step up? I would hope so. Could be a discount or time … but sauce for the goose, gravy for the gander rule would seem applicable.

When you come down to it, though … sometimes … shit happens.