Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Bloomquist View Post
[FONT=Arial Black]Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Bloomquist View Post
There was no link whatsoever to the potential efficacy of a covid-19 vaccine. The vaccine does not exist, so any discussion of the efficacy would be pure speculation. Your claim to have knowledge about the vaccine efficacy, if believed by a reader, might lend weight to your other posts. You do talk about an article, and that the biologists goal is to achieve an efficacy of at least 50%, but the goal does not mean that is the outcome,(and you acknowledge that in about 20 words, after writing several hundred words about the efficacy of the vaccine.)

Maybe you have posted an excessive amount of words, and that is causing confusion.
You might be right about that link. I think I found that one later b/c I can't find it either. You are right about that part I didn't include it (likely b/c vaccine efficacy was not a huge part of that original essay). At any rate I will find the one I'm referring to, it's not the one you presumed in your other quoting, but, yes, there's a reference to it - I'll grab it and add it after this. Efficacy of a vaccine was never the original point that came up later in all this follow-up shit.

As for the wording? YES. This is ALL too much follow up posting (too many words - especially for the majority of users). I didn't expect to veer off into this other crap so much. It wasn't even supposed to be such an open debate for a small minority of aging men (basically about 2-3 of you so far that are attacking it) who are frightened or media panicked (??) and feel as if "its their duty to inform the public" about this "atrocious injustice" (??) .

First of all, that's silly AF b/c I *AM* a scientist, I have also consulted with my postdoc colleagues, one or two of which are guys with 150+ IQ's and have multiple PhD's. I have followed & researched this with them for months. In addition this viewpoint is NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO A DISSERVICE even IF you disagree. It is not some esoteric unknown and off-the-wall idea. Thousands of scientists are utterly baffled at this nonsense which keeps getting perpetuated. Some of the are the most recognized scientists in the world.
Many of them have gone on record and said they are "utterly baffled at this mob mentality", "it's asinine", "the worst rubbish and garbage science they have seen in their lifetime or the 20/21st centuries". Yes you can find those quotes too if you follow the links but I can also go find them for you. Those are paraphrases but YES they have said those exact words in one form or another. Leading scientists in all manner of the biological sciences realm. I'm not going to make this EVEN longer again though with more links (you can find them in the original article and the links and the links they go to and so on).

I don't mind the debate either (just so we are clear - I don't understand you caustic and abrasive behavior which is beginning to shine through). I just wish you would use data and not veer off the main topics of the essay so much. That's all. I truly don't mind the disagreement. That's healthy debate. I'm not quite sure why you have begun to have such a vitriolic tone.

In fact this has become so muddied that I'm going to have to redo it and re-post it in another form so that people can read it without all this back and forth. I posted it here only b/c I also post the data elsewhere (same as my colleagues and my good buddy at the Planck Institute and just like Dr. Ioannidis, Mitteldorf, Katz, Alexov, Wittkowski, Homburg, Kuhbandner, and countless others have been doing. I had already compiled this for another project I was working on and decided to modify it appropriately for use here on the boards.

You can't very easily talk about a *ANY* serious scientific topic (biological or otherwise) without using a decent number of words (particularly if it veers off course as it has) and if you are citing studies (which can be 50+ or even 250+ pages in length).