This. I used to be in property management. Occupancy in multi family housing is at 97 or 98 percent. And it's going to be at 100 percent soon due to big tech coming in on Palmer. In multi family when we wanted to renew a lease we would do what ever we could to keep them. Discount on rent, free steam cleans, free dinners ect. Now they are charging - get this - $35.00 and up to renew your lease contract. That's right - if you want to live with us - we are going to charge you. And if you don't like it - then fucking move. And that's what I did - moved and purchased a home in San Antonio. In 25 years of property management I had never seen that anywhere in the country. They also now charge for references. $25.00 for a housing reference. I was joking with the ladies the other day and said we should start charging for references. Yep, fun times folks.

Quote Originally Posted by quzi View Post
touring girls aren't coming as often. I found this: The average daily rate for a hotel room in Austin is $150.07, well ahead of Odessa/Midland, which came in second with $139.02, according to a second-quarter report from Source Strategies Inc. Austin also had the highest occupancy in the second quarter at 77%.