Okay, this doesn't relate to the hobby, but not sure where else to put it. Mods, please move if necessary.

The 7.0 quake has brought utter Hell to Haiti, already the poorest country in the western hemisphere. I was in a 7.0 quake near the California-Mexico border when I was a teen, and let me tell you, you never forget anything as scary as having the earth move beneath you, and not in the FUN way we all joke about. Structures collapsed and people died in that shake, too, but thank God most buildings and the government infrastructure were not in already deplorable shape like Haiti's.

Those people really need help. Ex-President Bill Clinton has a foundation you can donate to: Haiti Earthquake Relief, but if you want quick and easy, test HAITI (all caps) to 20222, and $10 will be added to your cell phone bill. You'll get a message asking for confirmation, and just text YES (again all caps) back, and you're done. If everybody on this site does that, we can substantially alleviate a lot of suffering.

Having been in a bad quake, I just can't tell you how devastating it is emotionally, physically, financially. Not having even the most basic of services, or clean water, food, clothes, medicine, can make you hopeless when you're already miserable. In my case we were talking a day or two at most, but the people of Haiti are facing WEEKS of deprivation. Many will die without immediate help, and to have that going on as well as being in fear of deadly aftershocks, the world crumbling around you.....It's 10 bucks, people. Buy less beer (or whiskey, in my case) for one lousy day. Thanks.