Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lump sum or payments

Take the lump sum. The last check you need to write should go to the undertaker and it should bounce.

I would def agree payments are the sensible way to go here although i would buy some microsoft and apple stocks some rental properties to invest in the set up a trust for my immidiate family. Then upon my grounding as i call it all assets would be even divided among them with a will enforcing they couldnt sale any assets like properties or stocks for 10 yrs upon recieving. Minors wouldnt be able to touch and neither could there adults till they were 18 and continueing payments would be dispersed equally every payment ..

My plot is reserved and my gerber policy ive had all my life will cover that.. although i prefer to be ashes when i go in it if i dont like worms in life i dont want them eating me in death either,,ewww..lol
    Last edited by lovelyxxxo; 01-07-2020 at 07:31 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD NordicJag's Avatar
    At my age I'm taking the lump sum.

Lump Sum. Deferred payments have risks involved (die before you receive all payments, tax law changes, unexpected changes in daily living activities). If you do go with lump sum and win a large lottery set up your WILL immediately you dont want the government deciding on where that money goes after you are gone! Also good avenues of investment - life insurance (kids life insurance policies are cheap when they are young), indexed universal life insurance, high earning interest savings account (ally bank, capital one), roth ira. Try to stay away from stocks if you can, highly volatile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2