Couple of months ago I started a Keto diet, and the results are good. It is counter intuitive, it that you are allowed to eat protein, as well as fat, encouraged even, but have to drop the carbs (and that includes the alcohol) and sugar. Can eats lots of veggies, but not those that the part you eat grows in the ground, so say goodbye to potatoes and beets and carrots.

Once you force your way thru the first couple weeks, which is brutal at first because your body is in revolt begging for sugar or those things that are quickly converted to sugar, you will adjust. Basically, you cut out the crap you know you shouldn't be eating anyway, and stick with lean proteins and lots of veggies. I find it much easier to avoid the carbs now than ever before.

I have lost about 20#'s, and my goal was 30, but I think because I still drink and eat chocolate (my only real addiction!!) those last lbs are elusive. But I love that I can still eat great tasting food and not feel I'm sacrificing too much.

Also started ridding a road bicycle several days a week for fitness which my bad knees and back are thanking me for.

Good luck and hope you find what works best for you.