Thread: best Mexican restaurant

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Verified Hobbyist BCD
    In addition to all of the above, I like Las Palomas, tucked away in the corner of the West Woods Shopping Center. Shout-out to Manuels in the Arboretum, too.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    + 1000 on Fonda San Miguel. That is as authentic interior Mexican as it will get. It’s a fine restaurant. Used to frequent Casa Garcia on North Austin on Pecan Street, the interior is nice but the food, to my opinion, declined some.

La Mancha (close to Fonda San Miguel location-wise) is also a good place. It’s more Tex-mex than authentic but it is pretty good.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Lots of good places above.

No one has mentioned Tamale House yet.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Hey, Gang!
    What about Taco Bell? ;-)

*dodges thrown shoe*

Edit: Kidding aside, my late first wife was a big fan of El Chicos. I would not put them into the same category most restaurants that have been named here. But some fond memories of going there with her about once a month in the late '90s. She was a big fan of their chimichangas.
    Last edited by Cuirassier1812; 03-31-2024 at 12:29 AM.
    "You live only a few more years. You die alone. Unmourned. And unloved......Suffering? Suffering you'll have no trouble doing. And if you are ever tempted...EVER... to consider your suffering unjustified, just remember your second marriage."
    Cerebus

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Lots of good ones already mentioned.

Here are few others.

Enchiladas y Mas on Anderson is good.
    Habaneros on Oltorf.
    La Traila on Burnet. This is a trailer in the parking lot of gas station on Burnet. Think they have a few around town.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Some friends took me to Eldorado Cafe the last time I was down there several months ago. I found everything to be really good there.

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    I’ve always preferred Amaya’s Taco Village, but they have really raised prices during the current economic crisis. It’s hard to justify $17 to $19 a plate. Pretty sure their choice of real estate for their locations doesn’t help.

Now my go to is Casa Garcia’s.
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by GreysonTCU View Post
    Some friends took me to Eldorado Cafe the last time I was down there several months ago. I found everything to be really good there.
    +1 El Dorado is another good one.