Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm just about done

Verified Hobbyist BCD 1andonlyboardman's Avatar

I'm just about done

Another relevant thread closed because two tards can't keep a conversation at an adult level. Do something about them rather than closing down a worthy discussion. You're making this board more useless every time you use weak moderating. If you need help I'll volunteer my services.

Which thread?
    New COED Theme Song!
    Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'
    Keep insulting and degrading
    Though they're disapprovin'
    Keep those Mods a movin'
    Trollhide!
    Point em' up, Ban em' out
    Chase em' out, cut em' down
    Show em' who is Bossman
    Trollhide!

I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead ... Jimmy Buffett
    I could eat a Peach for hours.

The Fosta one I think
    I Was finally able to sign back iN
    Prebook/ No Last Second Appointments

NEXT AVAILABILITY
    **Austin Tx Dec 3rd/4th
    **Killeen Tx Dec 4th/5th
    **Houston Tx Dec 15th 16th
    **San Antonio Tx Dec 17th 18th

832-856-8682
    https://preferred411.com/P110747

Guide Chihuahua on hiatus (retired)
    Seclusion in the deep, dark, spooky woods north of Houston at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1andonlyboardman View Post
    Another relevant thread closed because two tards can't keep a conversation at an adult level. Do something about them rather than closing down a worthy discussion. You're making this board more useless every time you use weak moderating. If you need help I'll volunteer my services.
    Not sure what thread you're referring to, but there are occasions when moderation is done behind the scenes and threads are closed but left up as examples. Sometimes there are reasons things get done by staff that aren't apparent publicly. Another topic can often be started quoting the less-contentious posts of the original and continuing a valid discussion, unless instructed otherwise.

It is usually better to intercede when war is brewing than clean up after damage and destruction later, and please remember this is an all-volunteer peacekeeping staff with limited opportunity to de-nuke combatants on a World Wide Web site.

If you're serious about donating time and effort and being a recurrent target of criticism and ire, with an inbox that fills up more regularly than a shipload of bar-seeking thirsty sailors on shore leave in a Red Light harbor, please apply to our happy host chief admin ck1942. It's a thankless responsibility (one that is increasing MY Jameson consumption), and I frequently wonder why I decided to do it. (Probably goes back to said Jameson consumption, chuckle. )
    Last edited by Fancyinheels; 09-10-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Retired Site "Guide"
    Drama addicts need not apply. Heh.

Yes, the Fosta thread. In my opinion the combatants should have been given a warning to cool down because the discussion was relevant and informational far beyond the little dust up that got it closed.

Fancy, I'm simply following your advice:
    Quote Originally Posted by fancyinheels View Post

I'm a firm believer in the "squeaky wheel" approach; if you want something, speak up and KEEP speaking up, and find people who share your goals and interests to speak up, too.

Look, I realize modtarding ain't easy and it's a thankless job. I've heard that from weak modtards for the last, damn near, 20 years. Modtarding this forum out of having any relevant discussions is certainly one way to make your job easier but it's not good for the community as a whole. Just look at the number of threads started in a day on this board and ask yourselves why it's so few, if any. Is it that everyone has migrated off the board or is it that they don't want waste their time opening a discussion knowing that as soon as someone goes retard it gets shut down? I realize I could open a new Fosta thread but to what end? It gets shut down as soon as someone says something someone else finds disrespectful?

Whether you're dealing with unruly students, disgrutled employees or snarky board members the first thing you have to do is learn to communicate with them. Shutting them down only leads to more resentment and doesn't do anything to guide the conversation and shape the board. How about telling those two tards to stick to the topic, guide the conversation back on track and if they don't cool it point their ass, or give them a cool down period. Explain it on the thread so that others get the message. What you're telling us by closing a thread as soon as some stupid shit happens is that following your idea of what respectful conversation is is more important than any topic.

Now, at the same time some are just looking for a reason to be resentful and or offended so you have to know something about the audience. Just as all of us board members don't communicate the exact same way, different styles, colloquialisms, expressiveness, passion, etc. neither can you communicate with them in a way that is one size fits all.

As far as helping out. I made my offer. If anyone wants to follow up with me they are more than welcome. I'm not sure how many want boardman having that kind of responsibility though.

*Edit to say "in before the lock"
    Last edited by 1andonlyboardman; 09-10-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
    Drama addicts need not apply. Heh.
    I'd actually kind of like to know what your definition of drama is.
    Seems it's pretty intolerant of any opinions which may be provocative or could lead to any kind of dissent.
    However it's clearly OK for you to make what could be construed by some to be a snarky comment on this thread.

Verified Companion (RIP)
    Yes, the Fosta thread. In my opinion the combatants should have been given a warning to cool down because the discussion was relevant and informational far beyond the little dust up that got it closed.

Fancy, I'm simply following your advice:

Look, I realize modtarding ain't easy and it's a thankless job. I've heard that from weak modtards for the last, damn near, 20 years. Modtarding this forum out of having any relevant discussions is certainly one way to make your job easier but it's not good for the community as a whole. Just look at the number of threads started in a day on this board and ask yourselves why it's so few, if any. Is it that everyone has migrated off the board or is it that they don't want waste their time opening a discussion knowing that as soon as someone goes retard it gets shut down? I realize I could open a new Fosta thread but to what end? It gets shut down as soon as someone says something someone else finds disrespectful?

Whether you're dealing with unruly students, disgrutled employees or snarky board members the first thing you have to do is learn to communicate with them. Shutting them down only leads to more resentment and doesn't do anything to guide the conversation and shape the board. How about telling those two tards to stick to the topic, guide the conversation back on track and if they don't cool it point their ass, or give them a cool down period. Explain it on the thread so that others get the message. What you're telling us by closing a thread as soon as some stupid shit happens is that following your idea of what respectful conversation is is more important than any topic.

Now, at the same time some are just looking for a reason to be resentful and or offended so you have to know something about the audience. Just as all of us board members don't communicate the exact same way, different styles, colloquialisms, expressiveness, passion, etc. neither can you communicate with them in a way that is one size fits all.

As far as helping out. I made my offer. If anyone wants to follow up with me they are more than welcome. I'm not sure how many want boardman having that kind of responsibility though.

*Edit to say "in before the lock"

110% Agree. I'm just not as polite in my wording as Mr Kitty is when I get fed up so I've been keeping my views to myself, but from talking to other boy's and girls on the playground it's agreed upon. As well as I've been checking out the others cites threads, as we have none, and it doesn't seem as cut and dry there. We aren't asking you to be like E butt we are asking to at least treat us as teenagers rather than grade school.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Thank you fancy for your hard work. You are appreciated.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Companion Companion Reese McClain's Avatar
    Boardman cant be any worse a mod than what been bestowed upon us in the past of all surrounding ****** boards.
    The only worse thing I could think of happening is Sofia coming back and becoming a mod. Bat shit cra cra has its limits.

MEMBERSHIP REVOKED - FAILURE TO FOLLOW STAFF DIRECTIONS
    Thread Closed.

ha ha just fuckin with ya Boardman..

I'd actually kind of like to know what your definition of drama is.
    Seems it's pretty intolerant of any opinions which may be provocative or could lead to any kind of dissent.
    However it's clearly OK for you to make what could be construed by some to be a snarky comment on this thread.
    I would call yourtrinityraine and Securitized going at each other in the FOSTA thread Drama. So, I'd say Drama is two or more going at each other with little or nothing to add about the original post. They're too busy with their catfight to provide anything positive.

I was hoping that catfights would remain at the other place and not here.
    New COED Theme Song!
    Keep insulting and degrading
    Though they're disapprovin'
    Keep those Mods a movin'
    Trollhide!
    Point em' up, Ban em' out
    Chase em' out, cut em' down
    Show em' who is Bossman
    Trollhide!

I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead ... Jimmy Buffett
    I could eat a Peach for hours.

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Oralist View Post
    I would call yourtrinityraine and Securitized going at each other in the FOSTA thread Drama. So, I'd say Drama is two or more going at each other with little or nothing to add about the original post.
    Good definition and observation Oralist.

OP, I suggest you contact CK1942 directly with any Mod. complaint.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Oralist View Post
    I would call yourtrinityraine and Securitized going at each other in the FOSTA thread Drama. So, I'd say Drama is two or more going at each other with little or nothing to add about the original post. They're too busy with their catfight to provide anything positive.

I was hoping that catfights would remain at the other place and not here.
    Those couple of exchanges were pretty tame dramawise and the two combatants could have been dealt with without shutting the whole thread down.

Show me a thread regarding law, politics or their affects on the hobby and I'll show you one with differing opinions. If it's allowed to stay open that is.
    That's information I want to know. I want to know how other people involved in the hobby feel about it. I realize that opinions are going to differ and some snowflakes who think everything is about them are going to take offense to a differing opinion. Should we just avoid those discussions in order to keep the board running smoothly and protect those who are easily offended.

The political forum got shut down so where are we supposed to discuss those things?
    That thread was worthy of continuing discussion. It's actually the only decent thread about the hobby that I've seen in weeks. Pretty much everything else recently is a threAD.

It's a ****** board. Catfights are going to happen.
    There are a handful of people still here and posting. I'd like to see this board more lively with information and discussion about relevant topics.

Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    OP, I suggest you contact CK1942 directly with any Mod. complaint.
    Why? Is opening a thread about it too much drama for you?
    Squeaky wheel and all, as Fancy said. So I opened a discussion. Not only did I voice my concerns publicly I offered to help with it publicly.
    Unfortunately there aren't that many left who want to discuss it. Guess it was too little too late.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast