Quote Originally Posted by MasterMan View Post
Lot of factors on this.

Why are they charging you with a DUI if there was no drugs unless one was not sober?

In regards to the DUI aspect, they must suspect you was driving under the influence or you failed a field sobriety test. If you could not pass the test it pretty much confirms you was DUI and there is almost zero outs from it. But note the breath analyzer test in the field is not immiscible (it should not be mention). Only the outcome of the filed sobriety test, how you behave and reacted around law enforcement, and if they made you take the accurate one at the police station will be used against you.

If you took the breath analyzer test at the police station, you are screwed.

If they took blood, and found drugs, its not the end as there something to argue. As long as you pass the field sobriety test at the scene. The burden is on the prosecution to prove you was intoxicated.

If you have documented witness at the scene that can collaborate your story, the more the better. Any diagrams to prove your story is valid. But note if you failed one of those test. It doesn't matter if they guy was in the wrong, they will convict you.

Hitting someone while DUI and causing injuries is a major offense. It also depends on how bad they are hurt or past away due to it. 29 years is kind of bogus as this would be manslaughter at max, if the person was killed due to this.

I would really recommend getting a good lawyer to help out on this. Maybe they can back door a plea deal on this and make it go away.

Hey found this
Schedule I Substances
"Have any amount of a Schedule I controlled substance, or one of its metabolites or analogs, in your blood, saliva, urine, or other bodily fluid at the time of the test;"
" Any amount of a Schedule I or a controlled substance or any of its metabolites or analog in the body.? Oklahoma is a zero-tolerance state for Schedule I substances"

Get a lawyer, Oklahoma has a zero policy if any schedule I substance is found in the blood.