Thread: Question for people that travel outside the country

Verified Companion (RIP) Companion

Question for people that travel outside the country

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a travel agency if I am wanting to plan to visit Columbia next year for a week.

Verified Companion Companion NikkiGhost's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm curious about this too. I want to go to Japan, South Korea, and Germany

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    There are no travel agencies anymore. There are plenty of plane / car / hotel booking sites that make a percentage off what you pay. Japan and Germany have licensed and inspected B&B's (one on the outskirts of a major city not far from a commuter rail line is the way to go).

Oh, and check the State Department's Travel Advisory web site - chances are if there's some sketchy stuff going on (kidnapping for ransom, antifreeze mixed into fruity cocktails, stolen passports / forced prostitution) they won't say. Best way to find out is if you know some (trusted) US military personnel stationed there. I wouldn't go to any Latin America country right now - your passport will be stolen and Greg Abbott / Ted Cruz / Ron DeSantis won't let you back into the country!

It's Oh! Canada! and the EU for this globetrotting traveler!

P.S.: Just went online to renew my passport this morning. 1. No online renewals are being accepted, and 2. State Department is saying THREE MONTHS backlog to renew! Gotta make sure my passport is good in case I see white people running south across the Rio Grande to find a better life - that is called a CLUE and it's time to pop smoke and exfil to friendlier shores!

Verified Companion Companion AllyFloof's Avatar
    Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Georgetown, Leander
    You can try places like AAA travel agency for many services (once you become a member of theirs), but there are so many more options online these days. And everyone will probably have a different view on oh2 anyway.

Just make sure to keep shopping around between all the reputable planning sites for price comparisons, reviews, etc before committing to one. Always double check the sites you're researching deals on to be sure it's not a scammy site or something.

Also, being a member of AAA has other benefits besides air travel too. My family members were big fans when they were active on it.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I have had good experiences with tripmasters in the past. Very helpful in setting up an itinerary and finding interesting places to stay.