Thread: One year anniversary of smoking cessation

Verified Companion Companion Blaze's Avatar

One year anniversary of smoking cessation

I never thought it possible. I kicked a 36yr smoking habit. I switched to sub ohm vaping 3mg eliquids. By June I had switched to 0mg eliquids.

While I know it's better not to smoke and there are lots of perks with that, I still don't feel better. I still don't breathe better and have a lot of fatigue. Not sleeping well and no ump to do much unless I have to.

It's getting better but slow going. But yay me!
    Its A Blaze! ~~ Natural Redhead ~~
    P411
    Please no reviews at this time, thank you.
    Massage & Reg Session

Guest BCD
    Great progress Blaze. Know it’s frustrating but keep on this path and it will lead to feeling better.

I cleaned up my eating habits and discovered that cutting down on gluten really helped me feel better and improved my fatigue. Don’t know if that would apply to you but you, but has worked for many. I was skeptical but after 30 days I noticed a marked improvement.

Thanks Caspian, you are right. I don't have a gluten allergy, but have had some blood sugar issues over the summer. That seems to have subsided and the binge eating has as well. Everything I owned seemed to break in the spring including my fridge. So a family of four has been living out of a mini fridge which equates to bad eating over the summer. Twins start school tomorrow and I can start back at gym. I gotta get a new fridge, buy what I need is expensive. A simple fridge would work, but I want a fridge only with a lock. I have a tall stand up freezer in the garage.
    P411
    Massage & Reg Session

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Congrats Blaze. I was a long time smoker back in my teenage years and on into adulthood. Kicking the habit was one of the most difficult things I ever managed to accomplish. I think the main reason I succeeded was that I really wanted to quit smoking. So hang in there and keep up the good work.

Verified Companion Companion
    That's my gal!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Good job! I quit 5 years ago and it was tough.

One year is a great accomplishment!

Verified Hobbyist BCD redleg505's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    I never thought it possible. I kicked a 36yr smoking habit. I switched to sub ohm vaping 3mg eliquids. By June I had switched to 0mg eliquids.

While I know it's better not to smoke and there are lots of perks with that, I still don't feel better. I still don't breathe better and have a lot of fatigue. Not sleeping well and no ump to do much unless I have to.

It's getting better but slow going. But yay me!
    Congrats.. great accomplishment. I quit 9 years ago after a 37 year smoking habit. Yeah, those stories about you breathing better and "recovering".. didn't happen with me. Let's just say the damage was bad enough that scar tissue on my lungs could be seen in an xray. That won't go away so the breathing is still compromised.. but I'm not adding more damage to it each day like I was.

For me, not being tied to having to run outside to smoke/paying all that money for the cartons.. was well worth it and why I have managed to stay off the cigarettes. So, be proud of your accomplishment, that's a heck of a thing to be able to do.

IDK if I put in my original post, but I've gained a lot of weight, especially the last three months. So I've gone to swim every day school has been in. I'm starting to feel it YaY.

I saw this documentary but don't know the name of it. I'd like to watch it again because of a woman who had damaged lungs, could free dive deep. I need to learn what she learned.

I also have gone off my Adderall and I think it may have masked some of my breathing isdues.Ya they lie about feeling better because I feel worse! I do however smell better.

Check this out, guess I'm not doomed after all. I like those numbers, even back stoke slow.

https://www.active.com/triathlon/art...-swimming-burn
    P411
    Massage & Reg Session

Verified Hobbyist BCD St. Searcher's Avatar
    Congratulations! It's a tough thing to do. I've tried a couple of different times. Actually succeeded once for about 18 months. Went to the sandbox got shot at been smoking ever since again. I tried the Vape thing, didn't do nothing but really make me mad. So I have concluded that, it is safer for everyone around me. If I just continue with my habit.

Verified Hobbyist BCD redleg505's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Searcher View Post
    Congratulations! It's a tough thing to do. I've tried a couple of different times. Actually succeeded once for about 18 months. Went to the sandbox got shot at been smoking ever since again. I tried the Vape thing, didn't do nothing but really make me mad. So I have concluded that, it is safer for everyone around me. If I just continue with my habit.
    Hey Searcher, I'm like you, tried quitting many times, got up to a few months then slipped. Finally got a prescription for Chantix. Expensive, but worth it. April 2019 will be my 10 year anniversary of quitting after smoking for 37 years straight. After almost 9.5 years withoutvsmoking, I can truly say I don't miss it. Yeah put on almost 50 lbs, but I'll gladly trade the weight for the smoking.

Verified Companion Companion Suzanna Turner's Avatar
    Congrats!
    I went cold turkey about 10yrs ago.... however, as my sisters know lol, I tend to smoke when I am totally and utterly drunk. It happens.
    Oh yeah, I guess DS and Gipper knows too....lol and whoever else was there that night..... Again, it happens. But it's not longer a daily thing for me.
    Your body will thank you a thousand times over. Smokers age from the inside out, and once it gets to aging the outside, it hits you quick. Everyone in my family smokes, and they all look sooooo old!
    Low volume, no revolving door guarantee!

*OKC, Lawton, & Norman!*

www.SuzannaTurner.com
    SuzyT4u@ProtonMail.com
    Twitter: @SuzannaTurnerOK

Verified Companion danielle silver's Avatar
    Lol.. How could I forget that birthday party.
    one of the best I’ve had. Good friends and lots of alcohol..

Congratulations Blaze!!!!!!!

Verified Companion Companion DallasRain's Avatar
    Woohoo congrats hon!

I don't smoke..but I understand addicton...I feel ya!
    Texas in late April/early May!!

480-204-5151
    harleydee69@gmail.com

NEW VIDEOS..selling short video clips....I accept paypal or cash app,venmo or CASH

I spent hella hundreds of $ buying vape gear and eliquids. But isn't it funny how the simplest and cheapest products turn out the best? I'm a DTL direct to lung vs a MTL mouth to lung inhaler. So tootle puffing setups don't work for me. Had I been able to vape like I do today,, 7 or 8 years ago,, I could have quit then.

I encourage anyone to check out the prominent YouTube reviewers and research products out like I did. Tia Vapes and Phil Busardo are great for mouth to lung and low wattage vaping.

DTL, MTL, and educational I suggest Suck My Mod, Rip Trippers, Vaping with 419 formally known as 420, Wendy Vapes, and the ducking Vaping Bogan if you like to drink beer. He can pair your chit for you lol. He says Fuck alot, poll why I line him so much!

I did multiple rounds of Chantix, even a few scripts back to back. I had great results with it while on it and for a few months after. But the effects wore off like I had never taken it.

I'm one of those weird smokers. Smoked for 36 yrs and never more than a pack a day unless stressed or drinking. I would run around with an unlit smoke in my mouth for hours. Computers, driving and drinking amped my need to smoke. I preferred menthol and shorts because when I did smoke, I was damn near hot boxing. Vaping let's me do that with with zero nicotine and I get the same mental results.
    P411
    Massage & Reg Session